Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA/CAR] Ilya Lyubushkin (75% retained), Kirill Slepets to TOR; 2025 3rd round pick to ANA; 2024 6th round pick to CAR

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Already out with a possible concussion. This trade was reeking of desperation to start off with. This just makes it worse for Toronto.

Look on the bright side. We could have given up a 1st for Tanev and then he would have been taking that shift.

Can you imagine?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This deal was to get another righty who stays at home to play with Mo so he can be more offensive.

Nothing more.

Unfortunate what happened last night but holy shit any Leaf move is over the top talked about on the main boards.

It's a depth d man for a playoff run. Moving on.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Already out with a possible concussion. This trade was reeking of desperation to start off with. This just makes it worse for Toronto.
Hes not even a year into his job and you call that shit desperation? You're looking pretty foolish, might want to sit this one out with that trash take.

Reactions: Petrus

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It's a fair question and it may not seem obvious to us fans, but maybe they did it as a favor to Anaheim? Maybe they are in discussions with Anaheim over Zegras or Henrique?

I agree a 6th rounder is meaningless, as is the cap hit they took on, but many times GMs see value in relationships as well.

I don't think Carolina sees this as "helping Toronto" since if Carolina didn't do it, some other team would have.
Jesper Bratt and Brandon Hagel say "Hi".

A sixth rounder is a longshot, but it's not meaningless.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
2030 and still the same. That’s how he operates
It's really difficult to discuss any topic when one side is so full of certainty. I don't think you know Treliving's next move just like I don't. I mean you realize that BT made his big TDL-like moves in the offseason with Bertuzzi/Domi. He didn't need to make a splash at all. But why do you even care? You sound like a cynical leafs fan. Are you hoping for better for TOR fans? I don't think you do.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Jesper Bratt and Brandon Hagel say "Hi".
It's nice of them to take time out of their busy schedule to say hi to a random poster on a message board.
A sixth rounder is a longshot, but it's not meaningless.
Semantics. It has some value, but not a lot in this context.

The point being is the Canes got a low value pick and took on a low amount of retention. If they didn't do it, some other team would have and it doesn't impact their ability to make other moves.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Players in the Carolina dressing room must just be thrilled to see their contending team investing their precious remaining cap space in acquiring ... worthless late round draft picks.

It's hard to take that franchise seriously when they don't even seem to take themselves seriously.
Do you take them seriously now that the deadline is actually playing out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad