Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Bernier to Anaheim for conditional 2017 pick

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2099521&page=3

I was laughed at by Leafs fans for saying that Bernier had no value. What a surprise, Bernier actually had no value :laugh:

That's rich, almost like when penguin fans all said Paul Martin was a legit number two Dman in the nhl or that maf is still a top 10 goalie. We could also revisit staal threads to see what pens fans thought staal was going to be.

Where to begin.

Funny how fanatics overvalue the thing they are fanatics about. But

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ok. But your spin doesnt effect my assertion. You pulled out your TWEEZERS to pick out and attack one part of my post. (like the others did too)

Ducks couldnt protect him. But regardless of that .....

Ducks got a 1st 2nd and Bernier for him and a mystery late pick if that.

It cracks me up. Good for the Ducks.

So you feel a 30th overall, a mid second, and a backup with concentration issued and a penchant for giving up long range, back-breaking goals carrying a $4.15 million cap hit for a legit young #1 starter cracks you up? The Leafs had a hole, and they filled it without touching their own draft picks.

Could have been worse. Taking a look around, they could have traded a top-5 LW in the league for a second pairing D-man with zero offensive upside. Or, even worse, traded a mid-first that turned out to be Matthew Barzal and early second for a zero skill D-man verging on bust status....

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So you feel a 30th overall, a mid second, and a backup with concentration issued and a penchant for giving up long range, back-breaking goals carrying a $4.15 million cap hit for a legit young #1 starter cracks you up? The Leafs had a hole, and they filled it without touching their own draft picks.

Could have been worse. Taking a look around, they could have traded a top-5 LW in the league for a second pairing D-man with zero offensive upside. Or, even worse, traded a mid-first that turned out to be Matthew Barzal and early second for a zero skill D-man verging on bust status....

Your assessment on Larsson is off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad