Prospect Info: Top Prospects Poll 2021

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was trying to look up some statistics on Morrow and clicked on NCAA leading scorers. Massimo Rizzo has the 11th best PPG numbers in the NCAA and is #1 for Freshman. I realize, age wise he is more like a sophomore or junior, given he spent more time in the BCHL.

Has anybody been following him or know much about him?

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Has Morrow moved up to 2nd behind Jarvis with his 18 points in 16 games in the NCAA in his D+1?
He's having one of the best dman prospect seasons in the entire league right now, that said, Drury's basically cemented himself as a sure thing 3rd line type player at the worst at this point. The upside for Morrow is a LOT higher than that, but there's still the question on if he gets there.

Reactions: MinJaBen and 42

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I was trying to look up some statistics on Morrow and clicked on NCAA leading scorers. Massimo Rizzo has the 11th best PPG numbers in the NCAA and is #1 for Freshman. I realize, age wise he is more like a sophomore or junior, given he spent more time in the BCHL.

Haven't caught a Denver game yet this year to see how he looks. @bleedgreen anything you've been able to catch so far?

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He's having one of the best dman prospect seasons in the entire league right now, that said, Drury's basically cemented himself as a sure thing 3rd line type player at the worst at this point. The upside for Morrow is a LOT higher than that, but there's still the question on if he gets there.
Cemented based on 2 NHL games?

Reactions: poobags

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Has Morrow moved up to 2nd behind Jarvis with his 18 points in 16 games in the NCAA in his D+1?

I'm more excited about Morrow than any other prospect we have, honestly that includes Jarvis as good as he's been. This kid really could be on the level of Makar/Heiskanen/Fox/McAvoy/etc.

Jarvis is already great and could get to PPG in the next few years, but I'm not sure he has the upside to be in the upper echelon of elite guys at his position like Morrow could be if he reaches that potential once he gets to the NHL.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Jarvis, Drury, Morrow, Suzuki, Koivunen, Rees, Seeley, Gunler, Ponomaryov, Honka
hms: Nystrom, Puistola, Tieksola, Blake, Robidas Island

Kochetkov, Makiniemi... Quapp I guess?

I THINK YOU FORGOT BOOM NIKISHIN AND YES I'M YELLING FOR A REASON AND IT'S NOT VENGEANCE

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC

he was extremely fun to watch in the BCHL , got the sick dangles. he was injured for most of his last two seasons so didn't see much of him, but when he was healthy with the Vs he scared the shit out of you every time he had the puck. He played on the same team as Lafontaine. Canes must have someone scouting the BCHL, they also nabbed Kevin Wall

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
he was extremely fun to watch in the BCHL , got the sick dangles. he was injured for most of his last two seasons so didn't see much of him, but when he was healthy with the Vs he scared the shit out of you every time he had the puck. He played on the same team as Lafontaine. Canes must have someone scouting the BCHL, they also nabbed Kevin Wall

Massimo Rizzo is a great hockey name. Kevin wall? not so much, unless he was a goalie.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Haven't caught a Denver game yet this year to see how he looks. @bleedgreen anything you've been able to catch so far?
I can walk to the rink but haven’t been to a game yet...fail.

I’ve watched a handful of periods on tv and first impressions are he’s the high end skill ncaa smurf that looks too small and isn’t dominant enough to be the one that makes it to the nhl beyond a call up if everything goes well, but he has time. He can create, elusive and quick for the level, more of a playmaker. I could see us signing him for depth but at this point he’s not knocking anyone prominent down the list.

I would think as he figures out the level he could become pretty dominant there, he’s already dangerous pretty consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad