Top 50 Calgary Flames In History - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
How is Makarov not an acceptable choice? One of the very best Russians to come over to the NHL. He was the last flame to win a Calder. His shooting percentage in the same year was only bested by Gretzky.

I have a signed stick from him, he is legitimately one of my favorite Flames ever.

Why is he an option if I am not allowed to vote for him?

Do you hate Russians?

These are the questions. It's not like I picked Rejean Lemelin or something.

Bigger question is why Valeri Bure is in the top 20 to begin with.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Voting for Makarov at this point is crazy - no way around that. :help:

Honestly Makarov shouldn't even see the top 10 - and I actually watched him and know he was a very good player, but by the time he came over his best years were already behind him.

Now if he came over a decade earlier and played his whole career in Calgary....sure

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
We’re counting his production with the Flames here. 292 points in 297 games does not constitute the 2nd-****ing-best player to ever play with the Flames.

Knock the ****. It’s getting old, fast. I’m trying the have a real discussion here and the jokes aren’t helping.
It's a poll. Seriously. People have different opinions. Stop trying to steer people away from voting who they want to vote for. Doesn't that just make the poll useless?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
It's a poll. Seriously. People have different opinions. Stop trying to steer people away from voting who they want to vote for. Doesn't that just make the poll useless?

That’s funny, I thought you were voting for Makarov because he was the closest to Backlund?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I see many trying to rationalize the Makarov pick but to have him ahead of MacInnis, Fleury, and Nieuwendyk? Seems like joke-voting to me.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I see many trying to rationalize the Makarov pick but to have him ahead of MacInnis, Fleury, and Nieuwendyk? Seems like joke-voting to me.

I wouldn't doubt a few of these guys legitimately voting for Makarov, but 3 people voted Makarov over Iggy. I think we've got several people going along with the whole Backlund thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad