Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
ks75auH.jpg

READ
Everyone is eligible. No more arbitrary cutoffs. No more ‘Gilmour Rule’. No more Backlund. Everyone happy? OK, let’s go. We start off with a pool of 20, because that makes it so much easier on me. You post who you want to replace Iginla, in this case, for the next 20. Please be happy with this.

Thanks.

RULES
You get one vote.
You may vote for a new player to enter the ballot, but if no one votes, I pick.
No joke-voting.
Atlanta Flames are ineligible, unless, like in the case of Kent Nilsson, they came over to Calgary. You may judge them based on their career with the Calgary Flames franchise.

RANKINGS

Zk3OUzu.jpg

62.86% - 22 / 35 votes
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1933573

CURRENT PLAYER POOL

ySHR8Qo.jpg

PLEASE NOTE​
Please be serious. I am writing about this, and yes, I’d like the results to matter, so with all seriousness, voting for Dean McAmmond over Al MacInnis just won’t fly. No joke-voting.

I’m looking at you, II.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Now that MacInnis's whole career as a Flame is in play, this has to be him IMO.

Both Chopper & Theo played pretty close to the same # of seasons, and put up the same # of points. One did that from the blueline.

Macinnis is maybe a top 10 Dman to play the game, and was never a side show.

MacInnis, easy.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Really? Makarov with 6 votes? The whole Backlund thing was funny at first, but c'mon guys.

Last edited:

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Arguably one of the most talented players in hockey history. My vote is dead serious.

We’re counting his production with the Flames here. 292 points in 297 games does not constitute the 2nd-****ing-best player to ever play with the Flames.

Knock the ****. It’s getting old, fast. I’m trying the have a real discussion here and the jokes aren’t helping.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We’re counting his production with the Flames here. 292 points in 297 games does not constitute the 2nd-****ing-best player to ever play with the Flames.

Knock the ****. It’s getting old, fast. I’m trying the have a real discussion here and the jokes aren’t helping.

Okay, so if what you're really looking for is people's favourite player out of the two or three guys you deem worthy of votes, why give 20 options?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I stand by what I said. The Flames drafted him in 1983, he was a Flame.

If you don't want opinions, don't ask for them. The childish outbursts don't help your case either.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Okay, so if what you're really looking for is people's favourite player out of the two or three guys you deem worthy of votes, why give 20 options?

It’s not that I deem three guys worthy. I’m fine with guys voting for Makarov, if they really mean it.

What doesn’t fly with me is when people see something that I put work towards and make a mockery out of it.

Voting Backlund over Iginla for the sake of voting Backlund isn’t ok.

Voting Makarov over MacInnis for the sake of his international achievements/accomplishments would be ok if those were things that he achieved while he was with the Flames.

I count Iginla’s gold medals in as consideration because those were things he got while he was a Flame.

I don’t count MacInnis’ gold medal in 2002 because he was with the Blues.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
How is Makarov not an acceptable choice? One of the very best Russians to come over to the NHL. He was the last flame to win a Calder. His shooting percentage in the same year was only bested by Gretzky.

I have a signed stick from him, he is legitimately one of my favorite Flames ever.

Why is he an option if I am not allowed to vote for him?

Do you hate Russians?

These are the questions. It's not like I picked Rejean Lemelin or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad