Top 5 players in the world right now;

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Have I ever talked s*** about La Liga? Did I hold it against Pedri in our discussion of the goldenboy? So why would I hold La Liga against Benz? Especially when he's got the NT performances that nobody else in the sub-Messi tier does.

It's the "clearly" that I have a hard time swallowing. If people prefer Benz's playmaking that's totally fine...and from a personal preference perspective, I do prefer more complete fowards like Benz than guys who are just goal-machines like Haaland...but I just can't get on board with anyone being "clearly better" than Erling right now.

Not when he scores goals like the 4-2 he did to stop our comeback in its tracks...when a frantic BVB-clearance turned into a ridiculous goal just because Haaland had the speed to turn that clearance into a long-pass, the strength/size to fight off a very physical defender while receiving that clearance, and the skill to lob one of the best shot-stoppers in germany perfectly, slipping the ball just inside the crossbar, with his first touch.

If that had been any other player in the world, BVB would not have scored there to kill our momentum & we would have had a great chance of securing the tie.

I was actually teasing Evilo with that comment.

*shrug* people have wild opinions. That'll happen in any sport, nevermind one where no human could have deep knowledge about every significant league. Most of them are funny or ignorable.

I'm just glad that this forum isn't half old men complaining about how germany "can't produce a real #9 anymore because everyone is so soft", and the other half homers trying to hype any german kid who ever practiced with their club's senior team before turning 22...while b***ing that every german kid isn't guaranteed a starting spot at the senior level & that our youth team doesn't get enough hype, at the same time they claim that they prefer our youth to be under-rated...

Again I was teasing I have a few guys on ignore but mostly troll related things.

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Right now - disregarding Haaland's hopefully not that long lasting injury.

Benzema, Haaland and Salah got to be among the top 5. Don't watch enough BM, PSG, Newcastle etc. to fill in the rest.

And obviously biased towards forwards because they are more visible watching random games. When I watch Dortmund, RM etc. play I don't "study" players the same way I do when I watch Spurs - so defenders tend to be less visible.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
there should be a top 5 goalies, top 5 d, top 5 midfelders, top 5 strikers.

players have different poistions and all is important.

always with this kind of thread is 5 strikers named as top 5 best in world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad