Top 40 Scoring

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
This is a really interesting statistic.

While most people rate Modano as better than Sundin, 5 more seasons of being top 40 for the big Swede is not something to scoff at.

I know I'm, like, the only one, but I think I'd take Sundin over Modano. Modano was flashier but he wasn't better (and certainly not more consistent).

Reactions: frisco

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I know there has been some great work done in tracking top 5/10/20 scoring finishes. Does anyone know a thread or article that has top 40 scoring finishes, let's say since expansion? Just wondering.

My Best-Carey
If you're looking for year by year scoring, quanthockey dot com is my go to site

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Bringing this thread back now that the season is finished. A Top 40 finish in scoring doesn't sound like much, but here's a partial list of the guys who didn't finish in the top 40 in 2023-24:

Jack Hughes
Brady Tkachuk
Brock Boeser
Lucas Raymond
Kevin Fiala
Mark Scheifele
Mika Zibanejad
Tim Stutzle
Anze Kopitar
Matt Boldy
Dylan Larkin
Carter Verhaeghe
Jonathan Marchesseault
Jack Eichel
Bo Horvat
Brad Marchand
Roope Hintz
Alex Ovechkin
Jared McCann
Kyle Connor

It kind of puts in perspective guys like Sundin and others mentioned earlier in thread, how consistently finishing in the top 40 is actually quite an achievement.

My Best-Carey

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In today's league, finishing in the top 40 in scoring comfortably puts you in the top half of first line scorers.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Bringing this thread back now that the season is finished. A Top 40 finish in scoring doesn't sound like much, but here's a partial list of the guys who didn't finish in the top 40 in 2023-24:

Jack Hughes
Brady Tkachuk
Brock Boeser
Lucas Raymond
Kevin Fiala
Mark Scheifele
Mika Zibanejad
Tim Stutzle
Anze Kopitar
Matt Boldy
Dylan Larkin
Carter Verhaeghe
Jonathan Marchesseault
Jack Eichel
Bo Horvat
Brad Marchand
Roope Hintz
Alex Ovechkin
Jared McCann
Kyle Connor

It kind of puts in perspective guys like Sundin and others mentioned earlier in thread, how consistently finishing in the top 40 is actually quite an achievement.

My Best-Carey

a healthy jack hughes would have cracked the top 10 this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad