WJC: Top 3 players you're most excited to watch this year?

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
liljegren
Glass
Dahlin
Tkachuk
Pettersson
Steel
Kyrou
svechnikov

More than 3 but I absolutely love this tourney and am excited to watch a lot of players. I'm one who puts a lot of stock in these.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Petterson, Hieponiemi, Tie between Dahlin and Svechnikov
I would be excited for phillips if he was in there but the Junior comitee did not invite him to team canada camp (canada is stacked as all hell like always but 50 points in 34 games and not even an invitation to camp? Come On!)

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Dahlin, Heiskanen, Heponiemi, Pettersson, Tolvanen and Svechnikov are the players I'm most interested about.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Here's my top 3 going into this year's WJC.

Cale Makar - Because of his draft position and the fact that I've never really had the chance to see him play. Hope he's given some PP time.

Rasmus Dahlin - Curious to see how his game has improved since last year's tourney.

Elias Pettersson - He's been racking up the points in the SHL, I think he can be the MVP of the tournament this year.

HM : Tolvanen, Steenbergen, Middlestadt.
Replace Steenbergen with Svechnikov and that's mine.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dahlin: to see what the hype is about
Liljegren: I think he is gonna make a lot of teams look bad for passing on him last year
Pettersson: cant wait to see the kid the nucks fan hilariously think is better than Peter Forsberg

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Dahlin: to see what the hype is about
Liljegren: I think he is gonna make a lot of teams look bad for passing on him last year
Pettersson: cant wait to see the kid the nucks fan hilariously think is better than Peter Forsberg

That's why you're excited about seeing Pettersson? Not because of the numbers he's putting up in his D+1 in the SHL?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina

This Sens fan will have to pay extra attention to the jrs. this year as it looks like the team will have a very early pick in the 2018 draft.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Interested to see if the Swedish players once again will crumble under the pressure of facing NA teams after round Robin.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
Dahlin- Want to see where he fits on the plane of McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Laine. Keep in mind, Pujlu dominated this tourney last year.

Liljegren- self explanatory. Has been lights out post-mono, want to see him prove it further against his peers. Always had him in the top 10, going back to his D-1 and all of last year, but genuinely curious if the #1/#2 talk was ever warranted- despite how extremely optimistic of a notion that it may be.

Makar- Wasn't high on him his entire draft year when everyone else seemed to be. Actually had him out of my top 10 for most of the year. Wasn't sold on the quality of his competition, he would regularly just skate past people like pylons with zero resistance. Probably one of the most hyped prospects I've seen in a while (particularly with social media). Want to see if he's the real deal.

HM to the Fins
Pulju didn't play last year. Laine-Aho-Pulju played in 2015-16, and Pulju dominated the U18 tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad