WJC: Top 3 players you're most excited to watch this year?

maxb221

Jun 24, 2014
Montreal
Here's my top 3 going into this year's WJC.

Cale Makar - Because of his draft position and the fact that I've never really had the chance to see him play. Hope he's given some PP time.

Rasmus Dahlin - Curious to see how his game has improved since last year's tourney.

Elias Pettersson - He's been racking up the points in the SHL, I think he can be the MVP of the tournament this year.

HM : Tolvanen, Steenbergen, Middlestadt.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Elias Pettersson for obvious reasons

DiPietro, if Hart makes the annual and inevitable starting goalie meltdown, if DiPietro can step in and step up.

Just hoping Lind and Gadjovich both make the Canadian team so they can get the experience.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Casey Mittlestadt (I've liked a lot of his game in the NCAA this year)
Rasmus Dahlin (strictly for hype)
Will Lockwood (Homer pick)

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Liljegren - Leafs Prospect, on a strong team, and looking good so far at the AHL level. Interesting to see if he can regain some of that status among the public that he possessed after being one of the best players on the ice for the U-18's as a 16 year old.

Dahlin - Hype is unreal, curious to see if he lives up to it here.

Zadina- Great draft-eligible prospect who has a chance to make a serious impact on a team.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I always like to see what the draft eligible kids have at this level so Hughes Dahlin and Svechnikov assuming he got picked I haven't followed the Russian team.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Rasmus Dahlin. I want to see if he dominate as often against juniors as he do against men.
Alexander Nylander. I want to see if he have continued his development, and he would probably be among the best players if he gets a chance to play.
Zadina. Want to see if he can be a game breaker so the Czechs can medal.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Dahlin- Want to see where he fits on the plane of McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Laine. Keep in mind, Pujlu dominated this tourney last year.

Liljegren- self explanatory. Has been lights out post-mono, want to see him prove it further against his peers. Always had him in the top 10, going back to his D-1 and all of last year, but genuinely curious if the #1/#2 talk was ever warranted- despite how extremely optimistic of a notion that it may be.

Makar- Wasn't high on him his entire draft year when everyone else seemed to be. Actually had him out of my top 10 for most of the year. Wasn't sold on the quality of his competition, he would regularly just skate past people like pylons with zero resistance. Probably one of the most hyped prospects I've seen in a while (particularly with social media). Want to see if he's the real deal.

HM to the Fins

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Tolvanen and Heiskanen were really good against the best players in Europe in EHT so I wanna see how they will fare against kids. Pettersson and Dahlin will be interesting to follow how they fare in comparison.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Dahlin - The kid is just fun to watch. He's the real deal.
Svechnikov - Been hearing the hype for a while. Hopefully Bragin gives him lots of work.
Pettersson - I've watched this kid pretty closely in international play for the past two years and he has been consistently underwhelming. However, we all know that he's exploded in the SHL this year and I would like to see him bring that confidence into this tourney.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Mainly the finns that play in north america

Aleksi Heponiemi
Henri Jokiharju
Eemeli Räsänen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->