Top 20 Goaltending Prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
there was a thread on this a long time ago around the same time of the awards maybe it still around alot of replies see what has changed/

Jokerit

Aug 18, 2004
Corey Crawford should be higher than some of 2004's goaltending draft picks.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Stana very quietly put up numbers of 1.68 GAA and a 0.941 save percentage in the AHL last season. It's nice to see him get some attention after a high-profile performance, and maybe get some some starts in the tournament as a result.

As for the numbers game in the Capitals system, Stana will play in the Swedish Elite League next season, which should be a good experience for his development. Lots of starts. The Caps are still very high on him.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
It's pretty odd that the Canucks' number one prospect can't even crack a list of the top-35 goaltenders in the league, despite the fact that he's already played in the NHL, and half of those guys never will. :dunno:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Blackburn for sure going to be starting for Hartford? You sure?

well...labarbera really doesn't have the potential blackburn does. he's big, but he's a little slow and tends to flop at times. he could still continue to improve but as odd as it sounds after having a record breaking AHL season...he doesn't look quite like a NHLer yet. i think he could develop into a backup goalie but i'm not confident his skills translate into being a #1 NHL goalie.

but you figure that blackburn will probably need to be eased back into playing...they'll probably ease him in with labarbera in hartford at first and then see if he can run with it. labarbera will still probably be the guy getting the call ups to the rangers in case of injury to goalies and stuff like that. but yeah...it seems that blackburn is in his last year of waiver coverage...in the 2005 season he's gonna have to be with the rangers or go through waivers to play in hartford. i would say he needs to get back on his game in hartford and then ease him into the NHL...have a guy like weekes or dunham or whoever that can rotate games with him. give him enough games so that he doesn't rot but not too many that he burns out. or he could just end up being traded

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Shane said:
It's pretty odd that the Canucks' number one prospect can't even crack a list of the top-35 goaltenders in the league, despite the fact that he's already played in the NHL, and half of those guys never will. :dunno:

I don't consider Auld as a prospect because of all the games he ahs played in the pros and his age (2 years older than Blackburn).

gopher said:
when i look at this lists than bernd bruckler has to be in the top 20 too!

The Wisconsin goalie??? is he even drafted??? I only took drafted prospects... and even if he was I don't think he'd even be in the top 40...

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
ErnestoGuevara said:
1. Fleury
2. Lehtonen
3. Toivonen
4. Ouellet
5. LeNeveu
6. Emery
7. Miller
8. Montoya
9. Schwarz
10. Lundquist
11. Bryzgalov
12. Leclaire
13. Ward
14. Harding
15. Ahonen
16. Sauvé
17. Dubnyk
18. Liv
19. Niitymaki
20. Blackburn (only that low becasue of injury problems)
21. Howard
22. Ellis
23. Drouin-Deslauriers
24. Dannis
25. Budaj
26. Bacashihua
27. Krahn
28. Guard
29. Barulin
30. Daigneault
31. Anderson
32. Finley
33. Stana
34. Patzöld
35. Stephan

There... that's a lot more then what you've asked for but I had fun :yo:

i'm curious as to why Auld doesn't even crack people's top-35 list? he's one of hockeysfuture's highest rated goaltender prospects. he's played 14 games, but that's no more than Anderson, Miller, Sauve, Blackburn, etc. if you count the minors, 3 years of pro is no different than most of these you listed. and 23 years old is less than some of these you listed.

BTW, you say you only listed drafted prospects, but you have Kelly Guard down.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ErnestoGuevara said:
The Wisconsin goalie??? is he even drafted??? I only took drafted prospects... and even if he was I don't think he'd even be in the top 40...

Bruckler should be one of the top goalies in the NCAA next year, and a big part of Wisconsin's success last season/next season.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
LaVal575 said:
i'm curious as to why Auld doesn't even crack people's top-35 list? he's one of hockeysfuture's highest rated goaltender prospects. he's played 14 games, but that's no more than Anderson, Miller, Sauve, Blackburn, etc. if you count the minors, 3 years of pro is no different than most of these you listed. and 23 years old is less than some of these you listed.

BTW, you say you only listed drafted prospects, but you have Kelly Guard down.

Well like I said I didn't list Auld because he is pretty much a lock to be on an NHL roster next year and will graduate as a prospect... but maybe I should've added him. I think he'd fit somewhere between the 8th and 12th spot, I rate Miller ahead of him...

Anyways Guard is signed by an NHL team... when I said drafted prospects I just wanted to say I wasn't going to include the 2005 class (I don't know them enough and it would be too early anyways)..... bad choice of word on my part.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
montreal said:
Bruckler should be one of the top goalies in the NCAA next year, and a big part of Wisconsin's success last season/next season.

still that doesn't make him a top 40 prospect goalie IMO, maybe if he puts up good numbers this year and Wisconsin goes somewhere I'll add him to the list next year... Anyways when a guy from Vienna says Bruckler should be in the top 20 I consider this homerism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad