Top 20 Goaltending Prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Morrison_Rulz said:
How about Alex Auld or Cory Schneider. Auld could snatch the #1 spot for the nucks whenever the next season is.
Aulds not really a prospect, Schneider will be on that list in a year, he is very, very good, but the reason he slipped is he has only faced high school competition. He has similar skills to Montoya and those goalies, but Schneider is way more unproven.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
sabexx said:
Here's my version of it

1-Kari Lehtonen
2-M.A. Fleury
3-Ray Emery
4-Ryan Miller
5-H Toivonen
6-H. Lundquist
7-Maxime Ouellet
8-David Leneveu
9-Pascal LeClaire
10-M Schwartz
11-Alvaro Montoya
12-Jeff Deslaurier
13-Antero Niitymaaki
14-Yann Danis
15-Cam Ward
16-Josh Harding
17-Devan Dubnyk
18- Konstantin Barulin
19-Jason Bacashihua
20- Kelly Guard

Now Included very high is H Lundquist wich I think will be a steal from the NYR. Konstantin Barulin who has such high potentiel, but might never play (ditto for Guard)

As for Bacashiuiha I don't know if he should be there but I've put him anyway :jump:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your favorite teams are Montreal and Ottawa. Mainly because only an Ottawa fan would have Ray Emery at the #3 spot, and Kelly Guard on the list at all, and only a Habs homer would have Yann Danis on the list at all, especially in the top 15 above guys like Harding, Ward, etc.

And where's Bryzgalov. I may be a Ducks fan, but I think most will agree with me when I say he's a top 10 goalie prospect.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your favorite teams are Montreal and Ottawa. Mainly because only an Ottawa fan would have Ray Emery at the #3 spot, and Kelly Guard on the list at all, and only a Habs homer would have Yann Danis on the list at all, especially in the top 15 above guys like Harding, Ward, etc.

And where's Bryzgalov. I may be a Ducks fan, but I think most will agree with me when I say he's a top 10 goalie prospect.

I think Danis is underated, even by me. ;) this guys as posted unbelievable numbers at college and as been a hobey baker finnalist. I wouldnt be too surprise to see him gain a lot of credibility after a full year as a starter in the AHL. Roland Melanson is exited about him, he said he absorbs information like a sponge wich is really needed when you are a keeper, its all about position and chanllenging shooters with angles.

Anyway, For now I will agree that he doesnt have much hype but that might change fast enough.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
jtuzzi21 said:
Aulds not really a prospect, Schneider will be on that list in a year, he is very, very good, but the reason he slipped is he has only faced high school competition. He has similar skills to Montoya and those goalies, but Schneider is way more unproven.
Auld's a prospect until he actually starts for the nucks. I hope your right on Schneider. ;)

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Bartender said:
Auld seems liek a regular to me
I happen to like Auld, kinda reminds me of Olaf Kolzig and Sean Burke in his years in PHX. I think he deserves to be on this list ahead of any goalie still in Juniors.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
flyerfreak941 said:
It might just be me being a homer but shouldnt nitty be alittle higher. He played Three NHL games last year and let up 3 goals all together. He does great in the AHL. He will be a start some time.
I would also like to see Niitty higher.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:

50% right I'm a habs fan... but not a Sens One at al... I just think their goalie prospects as great potentiel

For Bryzkalov, you're right he could have been there... but for some reason wasn't... maybe cause at 24 he's been in the AHL so long that I forgot if he was a prospect. As for Danis Maybe the fact that he has 2 seasons around 1.80 and was named to the All star team of teh ECAC (I know it's not the best Caliber but still) contributed to the higher ranking.

And What wih you placed a Hab in the pact you must be a blind Habs fan :shakehead

Just cause somebody doesn't think like you dosn't mean his a Homer :shakehead

If I would have ranked him in the top ten then I'd be a Homer... but now I like the guy potentiel :handclap:

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
And by the Way why I'm I no a Rangers fan for putting Lundquist in sixth, while nobody else did ... is it cause you agree on this one and not on the others:dunno:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
sabexx said:
And by the Way why I'm I no a Rangers fan for putting Lundquist in sixth, while nobody else did ... is it cause you agree on this one and not on the others:dunno:

I didnt want to say anything to be called a homer but I agree. Not that he should be 6th but top 10 IMO. He was almost the MVP in the last tounrey after the playoffs and was playing against top NHL'ers and there calling him the best goaltending prospect out of Sweeden in a while.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I must say, I didn't really know a ton about Cam Ward since 2002 until I saw him playing for Red Deer again in 2003/04. I am sold on this kid. I am not going to say he's a top 5 goaltender prospect for sure, but I think this kid, potential wise, is leaps and bounds ahead of most other goaltending prospects in this league, period. Maybe two or three guys I'd have ahead of him in terms of straight-away potential to be a franchise keeper. I think Ward almost certainly will be an NHL goaltender. How good? I'm not sure, but he is really, really impressive in the Dub, which you could probobly say is the closest developmental league around to the NHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Mizral, most people don't know about Harding either, which is a shame...going to be going to the AHL this year :D

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
1. Fleury
2. Lehtonen
3. Toivonen
4. Ouellet
5. LeNeveu
6. Emery
7. Miller
8. Montoya
9. Schwarz
10. Lundquist
11. Bryzgalov
12. Leclaire
13. Ward
14. Harding
15. Ahonen
16. Sauvé
17. Dubnyk
18. Liv
19. Niitymaki
20. Blackburn (only that low becasue of injury problems)
21. Howard
22. Ellis
23. Drouin-Deslauriers
24. Dannis
25. Budaj
26. Bacashihua
27. Krahn
28. Guard
29. Barulin
30. Daigneault
31. Anderson
32. Finley
33. Stana
34. Patzöld
35. Stephan

There... that's a lot more then what you've asked for but I had fun :yo:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
ErnestoGuevara said:
1. Fleury
2. Lehtonen
3. Toivonen
4. Ouellet
5. LeNeveu
6. Emery
7. Miller
8. Montoya
9. Schwarz
10. Lundquist
11. Bryzgalov
12. Leclaire
13. Ward
14. Harding
15. Ahonen
16. Sauvé
17. Dubnyk
18. Liv
19. Niitymaki
20. Blackburn (only that low becasue of injury problems)
21. Howard
22. Ellis
23. Drouin-Deslauriers
24. Dannis
25. Budaj
26. Bacashihua
27. Krahn
28. Guard
29. Barulin
30. Daigneault
31. Anderson
32. Finley
33. Stana
34. Patzöld
35. Stephan

There... that's a lot more then what you've asked for but I had fun :yo:

Good job. Blackburn is a wildcard I think he could flop becuase of the Rangers rushing him/injury but he could turn out as a top keeper. But Leetch came back from the same injury I believe and hes fine so I think Danny should be good too.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
NYRangers said:
Good job. Blackburn is a wildcard I think he could flop becuase of the Rangers rushing him/injury but he could turn out as a top keeper. But Leetch came back from the same injury I believe and hes fine so I think Danny should be good too.

Yeah but let's face it there's more than just the injury that could affect his developement.... The rangers have 2 goaltenders who have more potential then Dan (Montoya and Lundquist) and while he is the most NHL ready of their prospects, he still has 2 goalies (Dunham and Weekes) in front of him on the depth chart and maybe even 3 as I'm not really sure where Labarbera sits on the depth chart. Anyways it seems like Blackburn may well rot in the AHL and his potential might be wasted... of course a trade could happen or he could do really well in training camp this year or next and steal someone's job between the pipes.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
He is actually not effected much. He is the undisputed starter in Hartford (AHL). He has a full year of that. Then he has to come to the NHL becuase he needs to pass waivers or something, I forgot. A that time Montoya might challenge him for the job. Nobody knows, but he will be in the AHL the entire season and Weekes only signed a one yer deal and I think Dunhams deal is up after this season too.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
NYRangers said:
He is actually not effected much. He is the undisputed starter in Hartford (AHL). He has a full year of that. Then he has to come to the NHL becuase he needs to pass waivers or something, I forgot. A that time Montoya might challenge him for the job. Nobody knows, but he will be in the AHL the entire season and Weekes only signed a one yer deal and I think Dunhams deal is up after this season too.

I see.... well I'm happy to see he'll be the definate starter for the Wolfpack but I think it'll take more than 1 AHL year for him to be ready for the NHL.... so hopefully they won't rush him again by letting Weekes and Dunham walk as UFA and then hand Blackburn the starter's job. Anyways with both goalies in contract years I'm pretty sure one of them will have a good enough season to earn a contract with the blue shirts and Blackburn will be promoted as backup....that would be the best thing for his development anyways.

When will Lundquist come over to NA?? Cuz he would for sure challenge for Hartford's starting job, if not a backup job in NY.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
ErnestoGuevara said:
I see.... well I'm happy to see he'll be the definate starter for the Wolfpack but I think it'll take more than 1 AHL year for him to be ready for the NHL.... so hopefully they won't rush him again by letting Weekes and Dunham walk as UFA and then hand Blackburn the starter's job. Anyways with both goalies in contract years I'm pretty sure one of them will have a good enough season to earn a contract with the blue shirts and Blackburn will be promoted as backup....that would be the best thing for his development anyways.

When will Lundquist come over to NA?? Cuz he would for sure challenge for Hartford's starting job, if not a backup job in NY.

Thats where it gets tricky. Say its Blackburn/Weekes splitting time in NY next season. Montoya would defenitley be in Hartford (almost came this season). Then wheres it leave Lundqvist (who isnt coming here this season). Itll be interesting to see what happens.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Rastislav Stana was outstanding against Canada today. He kept Slovakia in the game. Final score 2-2. He robbed Iginla. That was a sweet pad save.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Morrison_Rulz said:
Rastislav Stana was outstanding against Canada today. He kept Slovakia in the game. Final score 2-2. He robbed Iginla. That was a sweet pad save.

Yeah I saw some highlights.... that one game still doesn't make him a top 20 goaltender and unforunalty for him he's in a bad situation in Washington: Ouellet being more NHL ready as well as having more potential and Daingeault having more potential than him.... anyways I still put him in my top 30 :) ,

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Blackburn for sure going to be starting for Hartford? You sure?

Jason Labrabarabaralabarabomarang or whatever his name is I recall is considered one of the top AHL playes periods, nevermind goaltenders. I'm not sure how old he is, but he's another nice goaltender prospect the Rangers have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->