Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
marner is way projected above william

sorry

i know william at the moment may be the leafs best prospect
but his roof is no where near mitch marner's

This seems like something off the back of Marner's hot playoff in London, and Willie's illness riddled playoffs with the Marlies.

I love them both, and they're both going be fantastic Leafs - but judging the body of work from both of them, William's is almost entirely playing older (professional) competition where he's excelled whether it be SHL, AHL and even impressing in the NHL post deadline with the big team.

Mitch is a fantastic player and really if he does become better, then awesome; but having Nylander as our top prospect for the time being still has a lot merit.

Personally though, I don't really like the spirit of the Nylander vs. Manrer question/threads. They're both ours, enjoy them equally.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Agreed. Good list. HM to Nielsen. This guy is going to rise rapidly as one of our top prospects very soon

Agreed, this guy is a late blooming beast!

Could be challenging Dermott on the depth chart as soon as next year!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
This seems like something off the back of Marner's hot playoff in London, and Willie's illness riddled playoffs with the Marlies.

I love them both, and they're both going be fantastic Leafs - but judging the body of work from both of them, William's is almost entirely playing older (professional) competition where he's excelled whether it be SHL, AHL and even impressing in the NHL post deadline with the big team.

Mitch is a fantastic player and really if he does become better, then awesome; but having Nylander as our top prospect for the time being still has a lot merit.

Personally though, I don't really like the spirit of the Nylander vs. Manrer question/threads. They're both ours, enjoy them equally.

I see Nyalnder and Marner having similar ceilings. Whether or not either of them reach it is still up in the air. But so far all signs are positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad