News Article: Top 10 Most Unbelievable Stats of the Pegula Era

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I remember this being posted around the time it was released. It really puts how bad things have been for us into perspective.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I finally got a new Xbox Series X. Haven't played an NHL game probably NHL'10. Even though NHL'20 is free on game pass, I'm hesitant to download just because of how depressing the team stats must be.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think #8 is the most telling. The Sabres almost double the team closest to them.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I finally got a new Xbox Series X. Haven't played an NHL game probably NHL'10. Even though NHL'20 is free on game pass, I'm hesitant to download just because of how depressing the team stats must be.
At least in NHL games you can make trades to make the team better.

Why not test to see if you're a better GM? Simulate games and run as GM only.

Reactions: sabresnyper

PegulasSportsEmpire

Mar 24, 2007
BUFFALO
Bit of a long message

Dear Terry and Kim Pegula.
  • Thank you for the Harbor Center. Despite all our frustrations with your sports teams, you have provided Buffalo with the most economic growth it's seen in a half century. For that we are forever grateful for you.
    Also thank you for buying the Bills. You may have gotten lucky in hiring Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott. But whatever. Without you, the Bills would've moved to Toronto. The last 2 years have been the most fun we've had with a Major Buffalo team since Briere and Drury were Sabres in the mid 2000s.
    But on to the Sabres. How much longer are you going to ruin this once great franchise? When will you realize that what you did with the Bills, isn't going to work in Hockey? You are about to lose one of the best players this franchise has ever had, in Jack Eichel. You are losing your fan base too. This isn't like the Bills drought, where Bills fans will continue to buy tickets to get drunk and jump through tables. Kids are growing up rooting for other teams. Sabres fans have had enough, and if you don't get this right, Key Bank Center will be half empty. Kim Pegula should not be President of this team. You've made constant mistakes both on and off the ice. You misspell Chinese Knockoff jerseys. You miss deadlines. You've raises ticket prices. And you've chased away a loyal fan base that's been with you through thick and thin. When is enough enough?
  • The Amerks have made the Playoffs more often then not under your ownership. The only exceptions being the 3 years under Tim Murray and last year because of Covid 19. The problem is they haven't done anything in the Playoffs. 2014 was the only year they won 2 Playoff games. So while it's better then the Sabres, this franchise is a far cry from what is was in the 60s, 80s and 90s.
  • Bandits fans aren't happy with you either. They reached the finals in 2016 and 2019 but they've been mediocre to bad in most other years you've owned them. Just because the AHL and NLL are fringe and minor leagues don't mean shit. The Amerks, Bandits and Knighthawks have been here for 65, 29 and 26 years respectively. They all have great and loyal fan bases. You are just as responsible for providing them the best management and teams as you are the Bills and Sabres.
  • Its time for you to break the chains. It's time for you to step aside and hire a President of Hockey operations. If you don't, you could destroy this Franchise. If fans aren't buying tickets they could move somewhere else. Are you going to let that happen?

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The article and associated stats simply confirm what we all already knew: Pegula has destroyed Sabres hockey during his tenure of ownership!

It's *destroyed*. It's as though they don't exist; they haven't played a meaningful game in years.

The last meaningful game they played probably would have involved us wanting to *LOSE* for a better draft position, not win.

But those aren't the type of meaningful games we are really looking for.

Reactions: sabremike

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Look at this list of the top 50 Sabres scorers over the past 10 years, it isn’t pretty:

NHL Stats

Evan Rodrigues is 21st!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Look at this list of the top 50 Sabres scorers over the past 10 years, it isn’t pretty:

NHL Stats

Evan Rodrigues is 21st!
Now my wife has to reassemble my head after it exploded seeing that list. I scanned the +/- column and first noted Brandon Montour is the only current Sabre during that regime with a net positive at +3. That alone is almost worthy of a statue in the plaza with the French Connection. Then I noticed Jimmy Vesey was a +13 and realized the database must be corrupted. Then I checked, and I think it's right (+12 according to Hockeydb.com). The odds of Jimmy Vesey being a +12 or +13 on last year's Sabres is rarer than Kate Upton, Charlotte McKinney, and Scarlet Johansen willingly sleeping with me. All in the same day.

Reactions: joshjull

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
At least in NHL games you can make trades to make the team better.

Why not test to see if you're a better GM? Simulate games and run as GM only.
If the game is realistic maybe the owner gives you a list of people that would be acceptable to trade for? Or vetoes any moves to trade away coaching staff because he likes them.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Bit of a long message

Dear Terry and Kim Pegula.
  • Thank you for the Harbor Center. Despite all our frustrations with your sports teams, you have provided Buffalo with the most economic growth it's seen in a half century. For that we are forever grateful for you.

Uh... what?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Very telling numbers.

Obviously, the people who run the franchise haven't yet recognized that the team with the most goals in a game usually win the game.

So they turn goal magicians like Eichel Skinner and Dahlin into slugs who just don't play enough defense in the prescribed manner.

Goal scorers? Who needs 'em????

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I didn’t want to tank. I knew it was going to be a lot harder to come out the other side with a good team than many others felt. Much of the futility listed above stems from that decision.

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I didn’t want to tank. I knew it was going to be a lot harder to come out the other side with a good team than many others felt. Much of the futility listed above stems from that decision.
Fact check: uncannily true.

Reactions: joshjull

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Who gets to hockey heaven faster than hockey martyrs? Explains the self destruction
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Marcus Foligno

I totally forgot a Roman Emperor played hockey for us - Marcus Folignius

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
I think #8 is the most telling. The Sabres almost double the team closest to them.
#8 was shocking.....no defense for that at all. Every time our point shots get blocked by an opposing teams forwards you see why that number is so damn high.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
They are a million times better in the games than they are in real life don't worry :laugh: Franchise mode with Dahlin and Eichel at C D with UPL in the system is one of the best teams to play as you already have enormous talent at all the key positions that are young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad