Top 10 Goalie Prospects Right Now

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
New Jersey also leaving their goalies hanging dry
As a Vanecek fan... That's kind of what I see. I won't defend Vanecek but they seem to have that don't allow many shots but allow hdsc thing going on. Eg. You might only face 20 shots but 5 are of the high danger count. Then your stats look bad. Having said that.. beautiful squad and a guy like helle and they are in a cup conversation.

Reactions: lakai17

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
I know he might not be as young as the goalies who are being talked about, but should Brandon Bussi with Boston be considered a legit prospect ? And even a pretty interesting and exciting one ?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I know he might not be as young as the goalies who are being talked about, but should Brandon Bussi with Boston be considered a legit prospect ? And even a pretty interesting and exciting one ?
Feel like all the Bs do is draft and develop good goalies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Joeseph Woll will be better than 75% of these guys.

Wether you count him as a prospect or not is debatable, but his talent and numbers are impressive

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
We've probably interacted with the same people.lol

Agree on your points. I'm hoping Flames trade a goalie and give Wolf some more NHL time to end the season. Then give him some 'to do's' for the summer. Bring him back as the 1B and give him about 30 games next season.
Wolf needs to be starting games in the AHL at his age. Not sitting on the bench playing back up. Goalies are not like players, it takes much longer to develop and I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf isn't even an NHL regular until he’s 24/25 yrs old

Reactions: Czechboy

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Askarov has to be the best goalie. Cossa has outplayed Walstedt so far this year but it is close. They are both equal really

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Joeseph Woll will be better than 75% of these guys.

Wether you count him as a prospect or not is debatable, but his talent and numbers are impressive

Yeah he's not a prospect at this point. I think most people who know much about goalies know that he is very good and clearly Toronto's best goaltender. His issue is health. If/when he can stay healthy he'll be a top 10-15 goalie in the league. Big IF he can stay healthy though.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

P10p

May 15, 2012
Performing at the same level in the AHL while being taller, more athletic and having a much higher upside. The question is who is the better prospect, and not who is the best player right now... and Cossa is arguably better right now.

Same league but not nearly the same situation. Anyone who watches AHL hockey knows that iowa is a tire fire.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Don't see any mention of Slukynsky. The stat line is crazy
21-2, 1.85. .916
He has consistently been excellent the past 3 years -- high school, international, now the USHL. The only blemish would be a below-average WJAC-19. He isn't one of the large goalies, but he isn't undersized. Maybe he won't keep it up, but should at least get considered.

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
Someone can share Wheeler's list por favor?

He has a top 15- I will list half that here- visit the Athletic site for the rest…

1. Walstedt
2. Askarov
-tier down-
3. Fowler
4. Knight
5. Levi
6. Wolf
7. Cossa
8. Augustine

His list is okay. Knight doesn’t belong their IMO- he is very high on Fowler- and is one of many who thinks the absolute highest of Walstedt

Reactions: _vivelequebec_

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Performing at the same level in the AHL while being taller, more athletic and having a much higher upside. The question is who is the better prospect, and not who is the best player right now... and Cossa is arguably better right now.

I'm a huge Cossa fan, but I think we (Wings fan) are probably overreacting to one bad month by Wallstedt. I like how Cossa is trending, but I'm comfortable saying Wallstedt still has the superior body of work and track record for now.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm a huge Cossa fan, but I think we (Wings fan) are probably overreacting to one bad month by Wallstedt. I like how Cossa is trending, but I'm comfortable saying Wallstedt still has the superior body of work and track record for now.
I've always preferred Cossa to Wallstedt and was glad we chose him, so this is not an overreaction for me personally. The ones overreacting were the ones immediately saying drafting Cossa was a mistake from Yzerman.

Reactions: schuelma24

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
why because they drafted thomas, rask and ullmark?
Ranford and Dryden turned out okay. Drafted Vladar year before Swayman.

Apologies though... I'll correct it Boston is absolute ass at drafting goalies. Horrible actually.

Happy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad