Top 10 Goalie Prospects Right Now

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ranford and Dryden turned out okay. Drafted Vladar year before Swayman.

Apologies though... I'll correct it Boston is absolute ass at drafting goalies. Horrible actually.

Happy?
idk I wasn't alive for your examples...but vladar def proves a point lol.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Don't see any mention of Slukynsky. The stat line is crazy
21-2, 1.85. .916
He has consistently been excellent the past 3 years -- high school, international, now the USHL. The only blemish would be a below-average WJAC-19. He isn't one of the large goalies, but he isn't undersized. Maybe he won't keep it up, but should at least get considered.
I added him in the 1st page of the thread..
the kid reminds me a lot of Quickie

Reactions: emptyNedder

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He has a top 15- I will list half that here- visit the Athletic site for the rest…

1. Walstedt
2. Askarov
-tier down-
3. Fowler
4. Knight
5. Levi
6. Wolf
7. Cossa
8. Augustine

His list is okay. Knight doesn’t belong their IMO- he is very high on Fowler- and is one of many who thinks the absolute highest of Walstedt

Walstedt over Askarov? Is this Craig Buttons list?

Reactions: Gnashville

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
Walstedt over Askarov? Is this Craig Buttons list?

You also have to remember that it's Askarov's second year in North America, while Wallstedt is still in his first. They are pretty neck and neck in terms of long term upside, and can be argued either way.

Personally, I love a flashy goalie, and Askarov definitely brings a lot of flash in his game (MAF style aggressiveness). On the other hand, most GMs and coaches want that stable Carey Price style of play from the back end, and Wallstedt brings more of that style.

These two are still so young, and as NHL goalies, we'll probably be arguing which one is the better goalie for the next half decade before we know better.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
You also have to remember that it's Askarov's second year in North America, while Wallstedt is still in his first. They are pretty neck and neck in terms of long term upside, and can be argued either way.

Personally, I love a flashy goalie, and Askarov definitely brings a lot of flash in his game (MAF style aggressiveness). On the other hand, most GMs and coaches want that stable Carey Price style of play from the back end, and Wallstedt brings more of that style.

These two are still so young, and as NHL goalies, we'll probably be arguing which one is the better goalie for the next half decade before we know better.
Wallstadt also played in America last year.

GP38 GAA2.68 SV.908 S1 18-15-5

Askarov went:

GP48 GAA2.69 SV.911 S3 26-16-5

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Un ironically, unless you are a clear cut superstar,
Your best chance is heavily tied with being drafted by an organization with very deep goaltending issues.

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
I looked up Thomas Milic, who isn't on the original list, to see how he's doing.

Ehhhh.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Anyone with knowledge of Adam Gajan?

Blackhawks took him in the 2nd round so figured he's gotta have some upside.
Going to college next year. UMD.

Lit the WJC on fire last year. This WJC..Was still good but less good? Extremely athletic guy. Not the biggest. Guess we'll see on him.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I looked up Thomas Milic, who isn't on the original list, to see how he's doing.

Ehhhh.
He's been a lot better than his numbers suggest. Moose are a tire fire defensively, I've never seen a team pass pucks straight to the opposition in the slot so often.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Acting as if Levi has fallen off because he didn’t take over the NHL as a rookie superstar is comical. He looks right as he should in the AHL with the second highest save %.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad