Top 10 drafted goaltending prospects...

AndyDusso

Sep 5, 2005
My personnal top 10 not counting on how many years they ayre from the NHL would be

1. Hannu Toivonen (this guy really rocks)

2. Carey Price (pretty high on this guy)

3. Ondrej Pavelec (really good last year a blue chip)

4. Justin Pogge (we'll see how he adjust)

5. Tuukka Rask (for his natural abilities)

6. Alvaro Montoya (don't like his rebound control, and with Lundqvist don't believe the Rangers will trade him for nothing either...)

7. Josh Harding (believe he could be the man in a year or two)

8. Thomas Greiss (impressive last year)

9. Marek Schwarz (needs to adjust but the talent is there)

10. Leland Irving (quiet guy, stop the pucks, for me he is always a bit underrated even if he is a 1st rounder)

FOr me Lehtonen is not a prospect, he his the #1 guy in Atlanta. I do not like Dubnyk that much but I like Varlamov, Bernier and Popperle too.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
I Dont know if this has been said or not...

but in my beliefs...it takes two NHL starting caliber goalies to get you to that next level....so:

Montoya/Lunquist
Toivenen/Rask

and so on...

these are the teams that are gonna get envied...remember, it took Ward/Gerber to get the Cane's the cup this year...

just my .02

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
I Dont know if this has been said or not...

but in my beliefs...it takes two NHL starting caliber goalies to get you to that next level....so:

Montoya/Lunquist
Toivenen/Rask

and so on...

these are the teams that are gonna get envied...remember, it took Ward/Gerber to get the Cane's the cup this year...

just my .02

A very good point... but many teams opt for letting a young goalie play as much as possible... it's no use for say... Montoya to sit on the bench when Lundquvist is getting 65+ games when he can play in the AHL and be a starter.

Interesting point though... more and more teams seem to be going with a soild tandem, as apposed to a clear cut #1 guy.

Whatever works I guess :dunno:

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
My personnal top 10 not counting on how many years they ayre from the NHL would be

1. Hannu Toivonen (this guy really rocks)

2. Carey Price (pretty high on this guy)

3. Ondrej Pavelec (really good last year a blue chip)

4. Justin Pogge (we'll see how he adjust)

5. Tuukka Rask (for his natural abilities)

6. Alvaro Montoya (don't like his rebound control, and with Lundqvist don't believe the Rangers will trade him for nothing either...)

7. Josh Harding (believe he could be the man in a year or two)

8. Thomas Greiss (impressive last year)

9. Marek Schwarz (needs to adjust but the talent is there)

10. Leland Irving (quiet guy, stop the pucks, for me he is always a bit underrated even if he is a 1st rounder)

FOr me Lehtonen is not a prospect, he his the #1 guy in Atlanta. I do not like Dubnyk that much but I like Varlamov, Bernier and Popperle too.

First list without Howard. Did you forget him or just don't like him?

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Guys, I really appreciate all the help you've provided. I guess there was a little confusion as to what i was asking. I was really looking for a combo if both but probably more on the skill list side. I need the guy to be a started within 3-4 years and it seems from what you guys said that all of these guys should be starting by then. Looks like I'll be taking a shot at Howard as Toivonen isn't going anywhere (rightfully so).

Thanks all. ;)

AndyDusso

Sep 5, 2005
First list without Howard. Did you forget him or just don't like him?

I like the guy I have to admit and believe that he has a good chance of becoming the man in Detroit. But still he disappointed me a bit last year I was expecting more from him he had a good season but not as much as I would have expected. This year is important for him, he should be the guy in Grand Rapids but what will happen to him if Stefan Liv has a better season, Liv is a underdog and he could surprise a lot of people this year. Howard will have to get a great start or he could lose some points this year IMO.

But he has all the talent to become a good starter in the league also but I'm not as high on him as anybody on my list but it is an opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad