Top 10 2016 NHL Draft Re-Entries from the OHL

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
One thing I wanted to comment on...

I'm a fan of Luchuk in Windsor. The kid showed people he has the stuff to play at the OHL level. He wasn't one of our most consistent forwards, though, at least points-wise. He had 18 goals through Dec, then just nine through the rest of the season. Perhaps this was because of the trades, I don't know. His work ethic never changed, but his production did.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Before the playoffs started I would have agreed with McKenzie at #1 but his stock has to go down after his vanishing act in the playoffs.

He didn't do much at all, when he was needed most. Perhaps he can get some consistent linemates next year. He did really well with Harland on the right side in the regular season. Come to think of it Harland had a hand in helping a lot of guys offensively.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Nice to see Z.Brantina get a mention; he was in the midst of a huge breakout before retiring. I wonder what he & Amadio would have done with the entire season

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I really liked what I saw of Friend from OS this year.
Hell get a shot somewhere even if unstated.
Well worth a flyer pick imo.

Thanks for link n article Brock

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Great write up Brock! Will be fun to see which of these get scooped up in June or later.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
One thing I wanted to comment on...

I'm a fan of Luchuk in Windsor. The kid showed people he has the stuff to play at the OHL level. He wasn't one of our most consistent forwards, though, at least points-wise. He had 18 goals through Dec, then just nine through the rest of the season. Perhaps this was because of the trades, I don't know. His work ethic never changed, but his production did.

Yeah perhaps I worded it poorly (as an HM, I didn't want to write a novel). Meant more that his effort and creation ability was among the most consistent on Windsor. More than just his goal production, but just that he was a consistently noticeable player from Sept to April. Where as other guys in the Windsor lineup tended to have hot/cold streaks filled with invisible outings.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00