Waived: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It does, because unfortunately plenty of young men use that word. It doesn’t mean they’re homophobic. I was young and stupid too. I know what it’s like. I’m very pro-gay now though.

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, it was a word very commonly used by many people. And nobody was scolded for using it.

But, times have changed and what was acceptable in the past doesn’t mean it should be accepted nowadays. I’ve had to learn to not use certain words because people are offended by them.

It’s funny that south park had an episode on this. It’s what they called bikers. Reality is a lot of people who used that word don’t have issues with gay people.

raw

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I didn't compare it to Slava Voynov in any way, shape or form. Maybe try reading it again.
Anything that happened with Voynov, including exiting his contract, does not represent precedence for Deangelo and his situation

Reactions: bl02

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, it was a word very commonly used by many people. And nobody was scolded for using it.

But, times have changed and what was acceptable in the past doesn’t mean it should be accepted nowadays. I’ve had to learn to not use certain words because people are offended by them.

It’s funny that south park had an episode on this. It’s what they called bikers. Reality is a lot of people who used that word don’t have issues with gay people.

raw

you said it Holmes!!!!

Reactions: Kupo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Again this isn’t about one thing. This was a last straw thing.

it wasn’t about his politics more so his very public interactions with the fan base about his politics when clearly he’d been told to stop multiple times.

then we know he didn’t get press boxed for just a door slam. More happened there. Our reporters didn’t press.

And now obviously a physical altercation right off the ice with a teammate or teammates
this is just the recent stuff never mind last years antics that got him benched plenty.

we will find out soon enough what put this over the top but let’s not be stupid it’s not because of who he voted for.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Fitz pick him up, please. I was sold on the 5 point game against us plus he's a Jersey boy. If you've ever played sports at a high level, tons of assholes are super successful. Cancel culture is an absolute abomination in todays world.

Tony D is honestly is a normal dude who is getting roasted because modern society is worthless and weak and loves to drag people. It's pathetic.
Stop fearing the Wushu....embrace the Wushu....placate the Wushu....make the Wushu you friend.

The Wushu is in your mind....I say Free The Wushu!!! You and the Wushu will sleep better at night. I hope the best for you and the Wushu.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
It does, because unfortunately plenty of young men use that word. It doesn’t mean they’re homophobic. I was young and stupid too. I know what it’s like. I’m very pro-gay now though.
A lot of people use homophobic and racist slurs directed towards people who aren't even gay or the race that the word refers to. I grew up in a very left leaning neighborhood and constantly hear those words being used among young people not for the purpose of hating a particular group of people but like an ingrained part of their vocabulary.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
What happened to just wanting to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, growing old and dying peacefully of a heart attack surrounded by the nurses who wipe your ass and bathe you?

the internet

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

raw
Unfortunately, either homophobia or the use of homophobic words is very natural in young men. It is what it is. It’s usually guys who grow up without a father (and chicks) who don’t get it. Many men grow out of it though. And yea, using that word doesn’t mean you’re homophobic either. Louis CK’s bit on that was amazing if you’ve ever watched it. And he’s a lefty.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Crucified for political wrong think.. hmm.

i think it’s more important that he’s a questionable teammate in a team sport myself but whatever.

I wonder if he can clean up his act and rebound from this or he gets shipped off to the KHL.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Anything that happened with Voynov, including exiting his contract, does not represent precedence for Deangelo and his situation

Please point to where I said it did. In fact, I specifically said that I don't know if the Rangers can legally terminate his contract.

The other poster asked for info about the cap implications and gave him the different possibilities. It's as simply as that.

Reactions: Alluckks

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad