Rumor: Tony DeAngelo being traded back to Carolina next month but he also could not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
So the great Torts, and the God Shaw can't fix ADA, but the Canes are fine having him for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Silly Canes
Yup. The canes are the ones who don’t get it…

I feel shame, especially considering my username lol
Welp. You managed to make me sad and incredibly proud pretty quickly.

Keep firing.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
What else can Torts do with TDA? He gave him every opportunity to succeed, 1st pair, PP 1 QB, etc.
People act like Torts was on his case from day one, quite the opposite, he tried to fluff him, praised his aggressiveness, etc.
TDA just wore out his welcome with his brain dead play.
From the reports that came out near the end of the season, Torts scratched TDA. Then there was an optional skate the day later. TDA chose not to show up for that. From that, Torts then assumed that TDA didn't want to play and sat him out. I know that such practices are not required but one would think that if a player wanted to get back on track with the coaching staff, that they would participate in such a thing. Tortorella is known to be a tough nut to crack but we don't know how much latitude he gave to TDA and received little in return. Torts may well be a jerk but TDA is no choir boy.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Have there been any specifics regarding TDA and Torts? I know they got into a verbal confrontation which led to his health scratches, but I don't know if the specific details have been released.

Edit: I guess I should have read the thread a bit more before posting....thanks @renberg

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
And yet the Canes want him again for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Guess their coach has figured out how to communicate and use such a player.

Oh well, not like it cost us much...just a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and likely 2.5 million in dead cap space.

And yet this was not Chuck's worst move.
Other teams have done more with Ghost, TDA and even Gustaffson. Maybe Flyers' "culture" can't handle offensive only players, especially defensemen?

ProcessThis

May 17, 2017
Other teams have done more with Ghost, TDA and even Gustaffson. Maybe Flyers' "culture" can't handle offensive only players, especially defensemen?
Well the Flyers can't seem to identify and acquire responsible shutdown defensemen. There needs to be some yin and yang with defense pairings, in my opinion, and we never seem to have it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Charlie said the deal is contingent on what happens with Karlsson. If Carolina gets Karlsson then obviously the DeAngelo deal is dead. He said if the DeAngelo deal falls through the Flyers are f***ed because they’ve put themselves in a position where DeAngelo can’t come back.

To review, 12+ MM in cap hits of players couldn’t come back under any circumstances and they couldn’t interview at least one GM candidate because of an NHL coach. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad