Rumor: Tony DeAngelo being traded back to Carolina next month but he also could not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So what would indeed be worse..launched into the sun..a black hole or depths of the ocean?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nothing personal against you - but maybe the coach needs to learn how to work with a player he doesn’t like instead of throwing a tantrum, and wanting them out at any cost.

If tough love is the only way this guy knows how to work his team it’s incredibly limiting to the org that needs to harvest as much talent out of its players as possible.
What else can Torts do with TDA? He gave him every opportunity to succeed, 1st pair, PP 1 QB, etc.
People act like Torts was on his case from day one, quite the opposite, he tried to fluff him, praised his aggressiveness, etc.
TDA just wore out his welcome with his brain dead play.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
How on Earth can dodos like ASF be so confident this TDA deal is going through when they're apparently trying to acquire EK?

I truly don't understand it. That signals to me this trade is likely dead.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nothing personal against you - but maybe the coach needs to learn how to work with a player he doesn’t like instead of throwing a tantrum, and wanting them out at any cost.

If tough love is the only way this guy knows how to work his team it’s incredibly limiting to the org that needs to harvest as much talent out of its players as possible.

He has some of the worst people skills I've ever seen, while working in a field where people skills are important.

Might have something to do with why he hasn't done shit in a generation.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How on Earth can dodos like ASF be so confident this TDA deal is going through when they're apparently trying to acquire EK?

I truly don't understand it. That signals to me this trade is likely dead.

Right? At this point if the trade happens, it's most likely form is as part of Carolina dumping some larger cap hit at us to gain a million or two.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Right? At this point if the trade happens, it's most likely form is as part of Carolina dumping some larger cap hit at us to gain a million or two.
That’s the only way I can understand the deal at this point if Carolina acquires EK.

Which is insane IMO because if the compensation is still that Rizzo guy alone, I’m going to freakout.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I don’t think Waddell would have went on record saying there is a done deal here.

I just think it’s more complicated.

When is development camp over?

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
If I’m retaining $3.5M for four years, I want more than someone taking TDA, even at full freight, and two
A Canes fan said Rizzo is at their development camp right now, and had to pay his own way there.

Massimo Rizzo Center (46) Drafted by CAR in the fifth round, 147th overall, of the 2021 NHL Draft Rizzo registered 46 points (17g, 29a) in 38 collegiate games during his sophomore season at Denver in 2022-23. He was named First-Team All-NCHC and Second-Team All-American, and he was selected as a finalist for NCHC Forward of the Year. Rizzo won the NCHC’s scoring title, pacing all skaters with 20 assists and 31 points in 24 conference games, and he was twice named the NCHC Forward of the Week (1/9, 2/13). He posted a season-long, 11-game point streak from 11/26-1/14 (6g, 8a), with three of his 12 multi-point outings coming over that span.
I’m commenting on this only because the way you phrased it could lead to the implication that the Canes aren’t paying his way as a reflection of the organization’s sentiment toward the player, when it’s an (rather silly and essentially moot IMO) NCAA rule that limits the amount of time while an amateur that a club can pay for development camp over a lifetime as an NCAA athlete. I didn’t look Rizzo up, but I’m assuming he used up his “free” time in a previous DC.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I would rather not be spaghettified please and thanks.
Spechettification would kill you pretty quick. I imagine in seconds or less. Firing into the sun would take how long? You're traveling at less than the speed of light even if you are fired cartoonishly fast. It would be pretty agonizing feeling it get hotter and hotter then burning up over however many minutes/hours

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Spechettification would kill you pretty quick. I imagine in seconds or less. Firing into the sun would take how long? You're traveling at less than the speed of light even if you are fired cartoonishly fast. It would be pretty agonizing feeling it get hotter and hotter then burning up over however many minutes/hours
If you were traveling even at the half speed of light, your cheeks would flap so excessively that it would render you unconscious and you wouldn't even notice the sun charring you.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
When will then become now…?
12zgp8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad