GDT: Tonight's Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I know we're gonna lose a lot with our current team, and I get it, but getting blown out sucks, I want to at least score some goals, I feel so much better after watching the third period tonight, even though we did lose

More often than not I feel they've been competitive in their losses. That's a big reason why I don't really have a problem with this season

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So an offense with Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Sharangovich, Foote, Zacha, McLeod, Bastian (and I guess I'll throw Wood in there) looks like it could be pretty dangerous as soon as next season. Add in the possibility of Holtz depending on how he develops and that team can take off.

Need to solve the goaltending issue and the defensive depth issue.
It’s more than a “defensive depth issue” but it is looking like we could have a broad choice between the top defensemen this year. We need more RD prospects real bad. BUT SIX POINTS BABY I BET THE PENS... feel bad or something. And hopefully starting Dell helps Thursday.

Reactions: Guadana

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s more than a “defensive depth issue” but it is looking like we could have a broad choice between the top defensemen this year. We need more RD prospects real bad. BUT SIX POINTS BABY I BET THE PENS... feel bad or something. And hopefully starting Dell helps Thursday.

Yeah they need another top pairing guy, and this draft could solve that. It just might be a kid who plays the left.

Reactions: Guttersniped

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah they need another top pairing guy, and this draft could solve that. It just might be a kid who plays the left.

I honestly could not care if the "top pairing" d-man is a LD or RD, as long as we just get some damn good d-men. If it happens to be a LD they draft then maybe have to settle with a 2nd pairing type RD through trade and that's fine by me. They definitely have the ammo to do it now I think. The prospect pool is pretty stacked but we'd have to lose someone we don't want to ofc.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We have officially been eliminated from the playoffs
This shouldn't surprise anyone
tenor.gif

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This is literally a perfect loss. The offense exploded but they lost due to having an AHL goalie in net and missing 2 of their key defenseman
and we are close to better player in draft. I know - it`s a cancer mindset, but this is reality. Devils didnt put hands down, score a lot, drink a lot of blood, show they can bite, lose, but there were ahl d-men, most youngest roster in the world and two backup goalies, and one of them even can`t catch the puck. Let`s be honest, they didnt have a chances to win. But they made everything to try. I like character. And skill. And I will like Power\Hughes\Clarke more than Johnsson on draft)
Devils has a lot to work with defence.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I honestly could not care if the "top pairing" d-man is a LD or RD, as long as we just get some damn good d-men. If it happens to be a LD they draft then maybe have to settle with a 2nd pairing type RD through trade and that's fine by me. They definitely have the ammo to do it now I think. The prospect pool is pretty stacked but we'd have to lose someone we don't want to ofc.

I feel like Severson can be that guy assuming Hughes or Powers becomes that top pairing talent on the left.

Reactions: Hisch13r and dk3790

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I feel like Severson can be that guy assuming Hughes or Powers becomes that top pairing talent on the left.

yup and fill out the rest of the rd through trade because i'm pretty sure the prospect pool is literally extinct of RD outside of walsh lol.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Most likely will have to make a win now trade at some point for a RD to balance it out, but it can be someone who is really good as opposed to elite which would be prohibitively expensive.

It could be through FA as well. If the flat caps stays around for another few years maybe you can get someone on a more reasonable deal rather than the usual FA overpay

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad