Prospect Info: Toni Rajala

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
We did good while Rieders value was high, Rajala's value will only continue to rise next season, let him play under 5-10 NHL games and use him as bait in the east!

I remember this time last year everyone gave up on him, actually I don't recall anyone being sold on him over the last few years. :laugh:

I wrote him off at the start of this season. Justified tho as not many Oil forward prospects have survived the AHL jump. Happy he is an exception

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Looking at that youtube video I found this video of U18 FIN-CAN bronze medal game played in Fargo. Rajala with two goals with one being the game tying goal and a shootout goal. The funny part is when the TSN announcers say "...the one player you don't want to give the puck, Rajala" when Rajala makes it to 2-4. It's hard to remember he was once that highly touted prospect. I had given hope on him before the season started.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
far enough. but i aint getting my hopes up. i've seen too many of these Nillsons, Intranuvos, Reisens and Ninamakis to overcome my bias, prejudice and all round disdain for danglers. Until I see a smallishm, little known Oiler prospect forward actually turn into Datsiuk, or even Cliff Ronning, i won't be getting the least bit excited about this year's version Robbie Schremp.

Sorry, but I'm 10 times bitten, finally shy.

"Don't forget about Juha Riihijarvi, the best player not in the NHL, he outscored Teemu Selanne's first year in pro" - Glen Sather, circa 1990

Fin9*

Do you guys see any NHL potential in Toni? Does he have a chance to slip in to the lineup in case of an injury? thx.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Do you guys see any NHL potential in Toni? Does he have a chance to slip in to the lineup in case of an injury? thx.

From his performance this year, yes he has NHL potential. It also helps that we dont have many legit foward prospects in AHL

Unfortunatly, to be in the top six for the Oilers hell be an injury call up. But if goes near PPG (or just good #s) next year, he could defiantly find his way into the NHL via trade to another team

All reports from this AHL season rave about him

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I don't see why not, at the moment we have 4 "scoring wingers" in Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and Paajarvi. Depending on who we add in the offseason I could see it being a possibility if one of them goes down with an injury.

AlbertaHockey20

Feb 25, 2012
He can skate well enough. That's rare enough. He's also elusive enough to not die. That's also a plus. He's an excellent guy for organizational depth. I'm excited to see him in exhibition.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
I think Rajala could soon be heading to where all Finnish bottom six forwards are going nowadays... KHL.

It's pretty hard for me to see him ever getting into Oilers top 6, but I think he could still get some good offers from those generous oligarchs. :laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think Rajala could soon be heading to where all Finnish bottom six forwards are going nowadays... KHL.

It's pretty hard for me to see him ever getting into Oilers top 6, but I think he could still get some good offers from those generous oligarchs. :laugh:

Hopefully not, he has NHL potential. He is probaly getting some serious interest from other NHL clubs

He would fit if the second line was something like this:

Rajala- Hanzal type center- Yakupov

Rajla brings the playmaking and skill, center brings size and defensive skill, Yakupov brings some physicality and goal scoring

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One of these things is not like the others ....

Oh no doubt Paajarvi is far behind the other 3, but do you want us having $24 million tied up on our top 4 wingers? Besides if Gagner stays we need a defensive winger on his line to bail hiss ass out of hot water defensively :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad