Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) + Kyle Baun to Maple Leafs for 2018 2nd Rd Pick, Rychel, Valiev

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
So Plekanec passed by my wife's work today. She took a picture of him to send to me. When he saw her take her phone, he asked her if she wanted to take a picture with him, she said "No. I just want to take a pic to send to my husband." :laugh:
Plekanec passed at the locals of Emploi Quebec Employment Centre? :)D)

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So Plekanec passed by my wife's work today. She took a picture of him to send to me. When he saw her take her phone, he asked her if she wanted to take a picture with him, she said "No. I just want to take a pic to send to my husband." :laugh:

Your wife is a boss. Love the story.

Now, tell me about the time you took her out to Kabana's ... :sarcasm:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lots of hate and sarcasm for Pleks here. That's just sad.

Thank god there weren't any forums when Lafleur, Savard, Richer, Naslund etc. were slowing down. That would be embarrassing, as a fanbase.

"Savard, vieux tabarnak, bon débarras! Décaliss à Winnipeg!"

Agreed... habs fans are by no means perfect. I heard it wasn't pretty either when fans booed Bernard Geoffrion after he won the scoring championship, because he had ended up with more points than Maurice.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
....pwned.... ???? pawned ? ???. Phoned ? Ok. Owned ? Kinky, but too much info.

:laugh:

She used to help out at the Grand Prix running one of the loges. And one of the times, there was a line for people to go inside. Brisebois showed up with a friend and tried to cut the line to go in. She stopped him and told him he can't cut the line. He made a fuss saying the ever so popular "but don't you know who I am?" line. She answered "I don't really care, you're no different than the others in the line, so head to the back, please." He left upset and grumbling.

Reactions: aresknights

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
:laugh:

She used to help out at the Grand Prix running one of the loges. And one of the times, there was a line for people to go inside. Brisebois showed up with a friend and tried to cut the line to go in. She stopped him and told him he can't cut the line. He made a fuss saying the ever so popular "but don't you know who I am?" line. She answered "I don't really care, you're no different than the others in the line, so head to the back, please." He left upset and grumbling.

Lol thats great. Your wife sounds cool.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That's clearly your emotions talking. Look at how much points Plekanec got this year and how many Logan Shaw and Froese had, and come back to me if you still think Plek is worse than those two.
There's no need for him on our team and how we need to proceed towards the future. Your Pleky love is getting in the way and that's ok

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Its ok to be sentimental and want to see pleky in a habs uniform again but its tims to move on.

The problem is that he can still play 17 or 18 minutes a night but he shouldnt. So if habs bring him back as a 4th liner eventually the coach will use him more and more because pleky is a coaches type of player. He just doesnt produce anymore in those minutes.

Reactions: ottawa

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Plus we can flip him at the deadline again for another 2nd & prospect/s

Yes the only reason I'd bring him back is to get something at the deadline. Otherwise, he shouldn't be taking ice time away from younger players, and he shouldn't be playing in the top 9. But, knowing Julien, he'll give Plekanec top 9 minutes.

Reactions: ottawa

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Lots of hate and sarcasm for Pleks here. That's just sad.

Thank god there weren't any forums when Lafleur, Savard, Richer, Naslund etc. were slowing down. That would be embarrassing, as a fanbase.

"Savard, vieux tabarnak, bon débarras! Décaliss à Winnipeg!"

You would be surprised. The beloved hero of a nation Maurice Richard was booed heavily in the last few years. Howie Morenz too. It's not good to stay too long.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yes the only reason I'd bring him back is to get something at the deadline. Otherwise, he shouldn't be taking ice time away from younger players, and he shouldn't be playing in the top 9. But, knowing Julien, he'll give Plekanec top 9 minutes.

That would be my main concern too. Plekanec is still NHL materiel, but clearly not top 6 material. And we have a coach who would definitely use him in the top 6.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I also would love Plekanec back with the habs in a strictly 4th line role, problem is that he will slowly be worked into a 3rd line and then a 2nd line role ending the year with probably 14-17 minutes a game.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's clearly your emotions talking. Look at how much points Plekanec got this year and how many Logan Shaw and Froese had, and come back to me if you still think Plek is worse than those two.
Plekanec played over 400+ mins than Byron Froese did.

Plekanec finished with 24pts...

Froese finished with 11pts...

Out-scoring Byron Froese when you've pretty much gotten double the amount of icetime, is not exactly an impressive feat.

There is no use for Plekanec on this team anymore...

DLR out up half the amount of points (12) in half the amount of games and with not as much icetime.

This team isn't lacking 4th line players....

Reactions: PaulD

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Ironic thing with Plekanec is although his regular season production plummeted, his playoff production remained stable. He produces more in the playoff than he does in the regular season now. With his new contract Plekanec might become a money player!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think Plekanec as a 4C is a good idea. When he was 4C in Toronto, he was useless. His value there went up as soon as he was moved up in the line-up and given more ice time. This is not what we want.

I'd take DLR as my 4C over Plekanec for the simple fact that their production will probably be similar in that role, but DLR is younger, bigger, and a better skater. And when he played higher in the line-up with more skilled players (as he would if someone was injured and he'd be a temporary solution), he showed that he can produce offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad