Tomas Kaberle: The Most Underrated Habs Player on the Boards

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The nhl wants a reduced share with NO scale backs on salaries. We will see what happens tho.

No way that happens because there would be about 6 or 7 teams above thae cap before the season starts.

Edit: Just dropping the cap to 60 mil would put 14 NHL teams above and a 15th right below, no way they can do that without a "clawback" on salaries proportionate to the drop in cap space(20% drop in cap = 20% drop in salaries/cap hit).

Last edited:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Kaberle was just on Sportsnet and he said he's signed with a Czech team (Kladno or something like that). I think it was the same team him and Pleks played for last year during the lockout. He said he has an out if an NHL team wants to sign him.

Sounds like he wants to get some playing time in before the Olympics.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought I read somewhere that he signed a deal but I don't think he did.

thanks, at work and too lazy to look it up.

After reading all of the posts in this thread there are definitely some people who will want this thread buried sooner than later lol.

so what you are saying is that Kaberle isn't the most underrated Habs player on the boards? :sarcasm:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Shootouts are probably even more statistical in nature than the rest of hockey, though people have only started keeping track.

I am the one who started this pro-Kaberle thread, and I would have no problem trading him. I listed several examples of comparable players getting 2nd round draft picks or better. If we're a 11-15th place at the deadline like I've predicted elsewhere, and if Beaulieu and Ellis are kicking ass in Hamilton, than we should trade Kaberle.

I beg to differ, you would have had plenty of problems trading him, no one wanted him. I like to see some more of your old gems, the tanking thread and now this, where were you on gomez?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad