Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs. the NY Ragdolls - 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
We are going to miss Dillon and Chara and their physicality for sure at some point this season but damn it is nice to have a well skating D core again. I hope Fehervary is going to work well with Carlson because his skating could cover a lot if Carlson gets tired/banged up and starts to skate in mud again.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
We are going to miss Dillon and Chara and their physicality for sure at some point this season but damn it is nice to have a well skating D core again. I hope Fehervary is going to work well with Carlson because his skating could cover a lot if Carlson gets tired/banged up and starts to skate in mud again.

Definitely will miss Dillon. Chara was a nostalgic happy thought combined with the surprise of actually signing him. But i can live without watching players skate circles around him.

Caps should have managed Charas time better. He looked completely burned out by the end of the season. Slow as hell. Maybe Trotz has more balls than Lavi and makes Chara sit some games during the season to keep him fresh. Though i suspect that as with the Caps Chara signed there because he was promised a regular spot in the line up

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
39% win rate last night. Faceoffs will just always be a negative for us. Its been years and no improvement. Usually the same guys taking them but Jimi a new face and he went 0-5.

Dowd won 7 FO, lost 3.

Eller ... seemed like he was fighting the puck and a step slow. 2 minors, a giveaway and misplayed the puck on Jensen's disallowed goal. Eller is a streaky guy to me and I like him as our 3C. Bad game, dont sweat it Lars you have plenty more games on the 2nd line juts settle it down a bit.

Defense - didnt look old and slow. Last year, especially with Chara who I loved, did a lot of like potted plant defense where they would slowly move around and relied more on outstretched arms and sticks like an octopus.

Great game to start things off. Good vibes only.

Feel like the Rangers helped us look good a little bit though.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I suppose the Tom Wilson response, if any, will come when they visit the garden and Reaves could pump up the crowd. And yet they were only on the ice together for 9 seconds tonight. Gallant could change that at home. Oh well, on to the next

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
NYR in the box all night when they try to get big, then running into each other, rookie scores first goal, Ovie goes nuts, Wilson totally unscathed and effective, everything coming up Caps...

Rongoliers:

vUEikIX.gif

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I dont hang out here a lot during the offseason ... cant lie, took me a minute to figure out who the hell people were referring to as Jimi

I like it

fun fact - Jimi Hendrix carried a broom around as a kid pretending it was a guitar and actually served in the Army (judge said jail or army), sneaking out at night to play gigs
I still haven’t figured out who Jimi is lol

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Definitely will miss Dillon. Chara was a nostalgic happy thought combined with the surprise of actually signing him. But i can live without watching players skate circles around him.

Caps should have managed Charas time better. He looked completely burned out by the end of the season. Slow as hell. Maybe Trotz has more balls than Lavi and makes Chara sit some games during the season to keep him fresh. Though i suspect that as with the Caps Chara signed there because he was promised a regular spot in the line up

I think Chara bought a lot more off the ice than his on-ice product, even though he was solid for most part of the season. But his speed is going to hurt this team and every single D on the team propably gained a lot from just listening to him for a year. Time to move on and add some speed to the roster. NYI obviously felt they need his leadership.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I suppose the Tom Wilson response, if any, will come when they visit the garden and Reaves could pump up the crowd. And yet they were only on the ice together for 9 seconds tonight. Gallant could change that at home. Oh well, on to the next

Please please please Rangers, put Reaves's line up against Ovie and Kuzy. The more the merrier.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
NYR in the box all night when they try to get big, then running into each other, rookie scores first goal, Ovie goes nuts, Wilson totally unscathed and effective, everything coming up Caps...

Rongoliers:

vUEikIX.gif

It was predictable though, and that's what makes this team effective: They're big and talented, and they can win playing a heavy game or through skill.

You can out-goon the Caps, but you can't out-goon and out-skill them.

Speaking of which - Panarin looked like garbage. That was the big shocker of this game to me.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I think Chara bought a lot more off the ice than his on-ice product, even though he was solid for most part of the season. But his speed is going to hurt this team and every single D on the team propably gained a lot from just listening to him for a year. Time to move on and add some speed to the roster. NYI obviously felt they need his leadership.
I do not disagree on the leadership part at all. Im sure everyone learned a lot from him.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Right before Ovie's 2nd goal Kuzy had the puck in the d-zone and gave a head nod to someone up ice.

At the time I thought he was gesturing to the d-men to just exit and he'd carry the puck in, but I'm now thinking he was giving Ovie the sign that they were going to execute a set dump play.

Anyone else see this or have a better angle?

When was the last time you saw Kuzy dump the puck, into the opposite corner, and Ovie streak in from the right wing? Oates era maybe?

The only thing I noticed after a couple of repeated viewing was Kuzy bee lining it to the bench for a line change after that dump in but camera angle switched, naturally, to OV on the net drive.

Jun 15, 2007
I hope they don't try that move too many times this season. Seems like it relies on the opposing defenseman being absolutely terrible.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I dont hang out here a lot during the offseason ... cant lie, took me a minute to figure out who the hell people were referring to as Jimi

I like it

fun fact - Jimi Hendrix carried a broom around as a kid pretending it was a guitar and actually served in the Army (judge said jail or army), sneaking out at night to play gigs

Would be epic if he picked "Machine Gun" as his goal scoring song.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Too bad he didn't score on that break away last year. One of his highlights last season for the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad