Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs. the NY Ragdolls - 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Fever looked good out there his speed all over the ice complimented Carlson.
He had a really strong game analytically too (according to MoneyPuck) as did TVR and Schultz, which is really promising as they had trouble finding good partners for Schultz and Carlson last year. And Orlov/Jensen have played very good together previously as well.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Of course it’s only one game but imagine being a Rangers fan right now and seeing your team get beat up at the end of last season, GM and coaches fired, talent shipped out and grit brought in and with all the anticipation, you still get stomped 5-1 in the opener lol

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Of course it’s only one game but imagine being a Rangers fan right now and seeing your team get beat up at the end of last season, GM and coaches fired, talent shipped out and grit brought in and with all the anticipation, you still get stomped 5-1 in the opener lol

All great and all, but either way, good to get past all of this. All eyes on Tampa for Saturday and beyond! Another big task in the journey next with the reigning Champs.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I thought Blais looked pretty good, on the bright side (for them) but he is still nowhere near the player Buchnevich is and that was terrible value. The Goodrow signing is gonna sting for them though.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Everyone gets an A+ tonight. That was a great game.

Lapierre looks great and needs too stick around IMO. He's slick with the puck and Caps need the youth. Same goes for Fehevary.

Jensen looked great. Orlov played well.

Old guys did alright too.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Can we talk about TJ Oshie? Goal. Beautiful assist on the Lappy goal. Reaction to the Lappy goal shows the kind of love this player brings. He's getting old. So what?
As one of the doubters I can recall I wasnt sure Vrana and Bura won't force Oshie out of top-6 so old man had to do more to keep his roster spot. Turned out I dont know much and Oshie is ultimate hockey player in the end. Kudos to him.
At this stage there is not much to gain with letting Oshie go. He's big positive influence and that's better way to chase the record with him on board. Also he scores goals from time to time, yeah.

Reactions: Calicaps

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Wonderful start.
Ovi the goat.
Good for the kid to score in his debut. If not Nicky's injury he wouldn't be on the ice :)

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
I got banned from the thread for posting the "aren't you embarrassed?" gif :D
I love the maturation of the thread.
Pregame: It starts with how Reaves (who numerous people say they love) is gonna pummel Wilson, maybe there will be a line fight, and how they’re going to destroy the Capitals and win the division this year.

1st Intermission: They love how their team is flying around and hitting everything. They’re upset to be down but thought they played well.

2nd intermission: Georgiev sucks. Maybe they should focus on winning the game and not checking. Nobody is capable of scoring goals besides Panarin.

EoG: This is the same old Rangers team. Fire Gallant. Why is the backup goalie playing game 1. What is the point of having Reaves he can barely skate. We really put together a team to try to beat up the capitals and they just skated around us all night.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Epic.
Ovi skated well.
Kuzy skated fast and tuned in, the PK work might keep him switched on if it lasts. Fingers crossed.
Fever looked completely at home, even handling the puck tight on the blue line a number of times, great skating, one little error is all I saw, great work.
Oshie had his quick feet on, using his edges and choosing to skate and work hard. Gotta love that.
Jensen real good and 4th line too.

Mantha probably a little off. Bunch of soft pass attempts, bit unsure. Not gonna bury him for first game though.

f***ing go Capa

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What a dominant performance.

Rangers had some shots in the 1st, few good chances even. After that it was men against boys. They were lucky to get that 1 goal.

This match-up is going to be a huge one point-wise this season if we are to make the Playoffs without Backstrom for a while. Keep them on our pockets and we should be in good shape for a Playoff spot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Right before Ovie's 2nd goal Kuzy had the puck in the d-zone and gave a head nod to someone up ice.

At the time I thought he was gesturing to the d-men to just exit and he'd carry the puck in, but I'm now thinking he was giving Ovie the sign that they were going to execute a set dump play.

Anyone else see this or have a better angle?

When was the last time you saw Kuzy dump the puck, into the opposite corner, and Ovie streak in from the right wing? Oates era maybe?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Right before Ovie's 2nd goal Kuzy had the puck in the d-zone and gave a head nod to someone up ice.

At the time I thought he was gesturing to the d-men to just exit and he'd carry the puck in, but I'm now thinking he was giving Ovie the sign that they were going to execute a set dump play.

Anyone else see this or have a better angle?

When was the last time you saw Kuzy dump the puck, into the opposite corner, and Ovie streak in from the right wing? Oates era maybe?

He did that with Vrana a lot when he was still here. Gave him a nod that he was going to dump it off the boards. They've done it the other way around too. Carlson has nodded Kuznetsov to go deep as he's dumped it off the boards.

It worked to the perfection but that was a really soft play by the Rangers D man. I think it was Miller?

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad