Tom McCollum

RyanCarpenter28

Jan 17, 2016
If he leaves do you think the Wings will bring in a veteran in or will they just go with Paterson as the backup in Grand Rapids.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I love that on a day where Taylor Hall and PK Subban get dealt and Steven Stamkos signs... We are talking about Thomas ****ing McCollum.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I love that on a day where Taylor Hall and PK Subban get dealt and Steven Stamkos signs... We are talking about Thomas ****ing McCollum.

Only three of these players are first round picks:shakehead

I don't expect him back. They should go with Coreau and Paterson down there.

I do wish Thomas McCollum luck, I hope he gets a KHL deal or something and knocks it out of the park in Europe. By pretty much all accounts from teammates, coaches and management he is an exceptional person. He actually has gotten a lot better, he just isn't NHL quality as of yet and it is time for him to move out of the organization.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

Amen. KH must have fallen asleep reading about his great move dumping the Datsyuk contract.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think he's a ufa. And we didn't sign him. so I think he's gone. I think Pasquale or whoever showed him the door

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hows $4 million per for 2 years? Considered overpay for Mrazek. Considering that Vasy got $3.75 million for 3 years in Tampa and isn't nearly as good as Mrazek.

Vasy is as good as Mrazek in my opinion.

Vasy, Mrazek and Gibson are all young studs.

Good for McCollum, I hope the change of scenery helps him take another step.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hows $4 million per for 2 years? Considered overpay for Mrazek. Considering that Vasy got $3.75 million for 3 years in Tampa and isn't nearly as good as Mrazek.

Sarcasm... :)

Tom McCollum, worst pick Jim Nill & Joe McDonnell ever did. Our North American drafting masterminds.

Years go by and the ugly truth is coming out finally. From 1995 to 2013 HÃ¥kan Andersson did majority of all the great draft work and these passengers inability with NA draftees ruined Wings to mediocrity.

It was a horrible idea start drafting goaltenders at 1st round. There was RhD Voynov, LhD Josi and RhD Hamonic right there going after McCollum for christ sakes. Prime targets who are now missing from current Red Wings team. And they did go after a gamble goalie. :shakehead

Best goaltender from this 2008 draft was Braden Holtby, a 4th rounder. 9 guys went before him, Jake Allen as only noticeable guy. One perfect example, how goalies are crapshoot. Don't ever waste a 1st or 2nd pick for goalies in any draft. Ever anymore. Since the McCollum-mistake, all goalies have been taken at 3-4-5-6 rounds. They learned this on a hard way.

I blame Ken Holland not firing Nill & McDonell sooner than he finally were let walk. But it takes at least a decade to analyze draft results without a crystal ball.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Sarcasm... :)

Tom McCollum, worst pick Jim Nill & Joe McDonnell ever did. Our North American drafting masterminds.

Years go by and the ugly truth is coming out finally. From 1995 to 2013 HÃ¥kan Andersson did majority of all the great draft work and these passengers inability with NA draftees ruined Wings to mediocrity.

It was a horrible idea start drafting goaltenders at 1st round. There was RhD Voynov, LhD Josi and RhD Hamonic right there going after McCollum for christ sakes. Prime targets who are now missing from current Red Wings team. And they did go after a gamble goalie. :shakehead

Best goaltender from this 2008 draft was Braden Holtby, a 4th rounder. 9 guys went before him, Jake Allen as only noticeable guy. One perfect example, how goalies are crapshoot. Don't ever waste a 1st or 2nd pick for goalies in any draft. Ever anymore. Since the McCollum-mistake, all goalies have been taken at 3-4-5-6 rounds. They learned this on a hard way.

I blame Ken Holland not firing Nill & McDonell sooner than he finally were let walk. But it takes at least a decade to analyze draft results without a crystal ball.

I think it was Sarcastro who did a lot of leg work awhile back on drafting goalies and how often they become NHLers, etc. It's pretty much the most wasteful way to use a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad