Tom Kuhnhackl?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kuhnhackl's had more good games as a 4th liner than not. He kills penalties and has enough skill to take advantage of opportunities if he's got a guy who can create. He's not perfect and yeah, his production's gone down... but plenty have seen downwards production this season and are probably gonna bounce back, including Kuhnhackl.

I'm not gonna die on the Kuhnhackl hill because at the end of the day, if he goes replacing him will not be that difficult, but if he stays it's probably gonna work out well enough.

Only thing I'd say is I'd like my 13th forward to be able to play centre so that's not ideal.

Kuhn's solid but with Simon and Sprong no longer waiver-exempt he can't be an every day player. I don't know how Sully will handle that though.

Sully's HSed him before enough times. Maybe he's keener on him than that shows but I doubt he's gonna sit better performers for him.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
If Sprong is up, we might be seeing Rust slide down to the fourth line simply based on our depth at RW. Kuhnackl Sheahan Rust I think is a pretty good defensive line with the ability to put in the occasional goal. I wouldn't mind seeing that regularly throughout the season. The problem is when it's Kuhnackl Rowney Reaves/Simon and there's literally almost zero chance of goals being scored and defensively they're a liability.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
You let him go. There's plenty of guys out there who can do what he does and more. I still subscribe to the thought that fourth liners shouldn't stay for more than 2-3 years. Allow for minor leaguers to step up, sign new players who are hungry to play for a good team. Don't keep what's essentially a 12-13F just because he's familiar.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Kuhnhackl is fine, if you let him go, you'll immediately be looking for the same kind of player to fill a depth role. Kuhnhackl as a 13th forward is fine, he's not going to be making much more than he's making now.

Pretty much this. Certainly better than Rowney as a 13F. Just hope he doesn't have to be an every night player.

I liked Kuhn's effort in the playoffs. Just doesn't have much offensive talent.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Sign him (he shouldn't command that much), and then trade him if/when a Baby Pen grabs a spot.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Thing is you gotta also post his real stats like take aways, give aways, and blocked shots. That's what his bread and butter is. If you're posting points for a defensive defensemen, you're a fool. Same applies here.

I have been critical of "Tom Kat" as well, but I think to illustrate a more complete picture, you need to post those numbers as well.

Edit:
NEruVlH.png
I didn't have those stats at hand, thanks but i don't see how they help him except for TkA.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I completely throw away this year for Kuhn. A Kuhn-Rowney-Reaves line is not really fair to any of them. I think the 2 previous seasons might be a little bit inflated because of Cullen, so I think Kuhn is somewhere in between. If the line is Kuhn-Sheahan-Rust, I think Kuhn's a 20-ish point player which is more than fine for a defensive minded 4th line player. He skates well for a big guy, he's good along the boards, he has a big shot, he blocks shots, etc. If you can find a more offensive player for that little money, great. Do it, but he's still a good 13/14 forward. I'd resign him.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
You let him go. There's plenty of guys out there who can do what he does and more. I still subscribe to the thought that fourth liners shouldn't stay for more than 2-3 years. Allow for minor leaguers to step up, sign new players who are hungry to play for a good team. Don't keep what's essentially a 12-13F just because he's familiar.
I'm with you on that one bro.

Things that make him expendable (like he wasn't before imo): they gave him more FO opportunities this season and he sucked more, his S% went from 8.2% to 3.2% really? From 4G in 57GP to 2G in 69GP REALLY? Oh yay he blocks shots, awesome...

Yeah, obviously i want him out, i mean i like the guy but i'm with NMK11 on this one, he' done here, bring hungrier guys.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I completely throw away this year for Kuhn. A Kuhn-Rowney-Reaves line is not really fair to any of them. I think the 2 previous seasons might be a little bit inflated because of Cullen, so I think Kuhn is somewhere in between. If the line is Kuhn-Sheahan-Rust, I think Kuhn's a 20-ish point player which is more than fine for a defensive minded 4th line player. He skates well for a big guy, he's good along the boards, he has a big shot, he blocks shots, etc. If you can find a more offensive player for that little money, great. Do it, but he's still a good 13/14 forward. I'd resign him.
Good points but let's try someone better before labeling him as a keeper, agreed on that one.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
If only he had buried that one in the OT ...
I totally forgot about that until you just brought it up again. It’s sad how one goal could have changed the outcome of the entire series and this awful timeline we're stuck in now.

I absolutely wouldn’t mind having Kuhnackl on the 4th. Guy can skate, hit block shots and PK’s very well. We 100% need players who can PK. Put him on Sheahan’s wing with a more skilled winger flanking the other side and that’s a damn good 4th line.

Kuhn-Cullen-Rust was an insane line.

Reactions: Giskard

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The guy is an offensive hole and still managed to play in nearly 70 games. With Sullivan as head coach, you need to let Kuhn walk because he will continue to play him often over more talented guys.

He has to go

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Honestly. Look at those three names. Two were effective. Which was a non-factor? Search your heart. You know it to be true.
non factor? He was just a factor on that line as Cullen or Rust. A successful line, by nature, is successful becasue of the contributions from everyone on it. I remember he had a monster game against the Capitals when he was with those two.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
We're sitting here … supposed to be talkin about major issues, and we're in here talking about Kuhnhackl. I mean, listen, we're talking about Kuhnhackl. Not a game. Not Letang. Not the defense. We're talking about Kuhnhackl. Not a game. Not the team that I go out there and die for and watch every game like it's my last. Not the defense. We're talking about Kuhnhackl, man.

Reactions: EightyOne

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
We're sitting here … supposed to be talkin about major issues, and we're in here talking about Kuhnhackl. I mean, listen, we're talking about Kuhnhackl. Not a game. Not Letang. Not the defense. We're talking about Kuhnhackl. Not a game. Not the team that I go out there and die for and watch every game like it's my last. Not the defense. We're talking about Kuhnhackl, man.
:laugh: Deal with it bro.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Kuhnackl is what we thought he is. H-He's what we thought he is.

We played him in bottom six. I mean, who the hell takes the bottom six line of the team like it's bullshit? Bullshit!

We played him in the fourth line, everybody played above him... Kuhn is who we thought he is! That’s why we took the damn loss!

Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown him, then crown his ass! But, he is who we thought he is, and we let him off the hook!

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kuhnackl is what we thought he is. H-He's what we thought he is.

We played him in bottom six. I mean, who the hell takes the bottom six line of the team like it's bull****? Bull****!

We played him in the fourth line, everybody played above him... Kuhn is who we thought he is! That’s why we took the damn loss!

Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown him, then crown his ass! But, he is who we thought he is, and we let him off the hook!

He actually wasnt. Was drafted because of his offense(shot) lol.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad