Confirmed with Link: Tom Dundon 100% ownership

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I love how worked up people get over Dundon.
They already hate the fact that the hurricanes exist instead of playing in Bear Tooth Arena, the crown jewel of Elk Nut, Saskatchewan.

Now that the team is successful and has an owner who clearly gives zero f***s (in a good way, not to be confused with Karmanos’ zero f***s policy) their fragile minds are bending and breaking. I love it.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
2020: Dundon isn't fully vested in the team, because he plans to bail

2021: Dundon bought the whole team, so he can sell it

2022: Dundon won the Stanley Cup so he could pump up the sale price

2023: Dundon bought Carter Finley Stadium, but only because he wants to trade the Canes for an NFL team
So when's he relocating the team to the Moon? Should be some good Home ice advantage :P

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If I'm Dundon I'm making a public comment about how the next Winter Classic needs to be held in New Orleans or something, just to really f*** with the usual suspects.

If I'm being honest, I'd much rather go to New Orleans to see a Canes game than go to Raleigh to see a Canes game.

(ONCE, Tom. Once. Don't move the damned team to New Orleans.)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Honestly after spending a week there, I'm all for New Orleans getting an NHL expansion franchise. Yeah I know it's never going to happen but that would be one fun as shit road trip. Imagine eating po-boys and Jambalaya during a game :nod:

It's too bad George Shinn killed hockey in that town when he moved the Hornets there. Kind of ironic considering he was trying to get into the NHL a few years earlier. The Brass had good support from what I remember but were blindsided by the NBA returning to town.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Honestly after spending a week there, I'm all for New Orleans getting an NHL expansion franchise. Yeah I know it's never going to happen but that would be one fun as shit road trip. Imagine eating po-boys and Jambalaya during a game :nod:

It's too bad George Shinn killed hockey in that town when he moved the Hornets there. Kind of ironic considering he was trying to get into the NHL a few years earlier. The Brass had good support from what I remember but were blindsided by the NBA returning to town.

One of the reasons that Mrs. Hank and I haven't seriously considered moving to New Orleans is that the closest ice rink is in Lafayette, so I'd either have to drive two hours or I'd have to give up hockey.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
e2abb35ecb3f4695bfbae772837d03a7--james-bond-snakes.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad