Recalled/Assigned: Toffoli to Manchester

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He'll be back. Rookies can;t afford to go long stretches without goals. Verterans get the benefit of the doubt, and aren't waiver exempt. Life's not fair, the Kings can't score goals, death, taxes, etc...

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Good, he needs to regain some confidence. In the long run I think it will be better for his development.

Is he a natural center? Can he play it? Or is NHL.com out to lunch?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's spent all of his pro career as a right winger and mostly played the right wing in junior as well.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Is he a natural center? Can he play it? Or is NHL.com out to lunch?

To my knowledge he hasn't played center the whole time he's been within the organization. And he's listed as a RW here. Making me think he's been there for quite sometime and that yes the NHL is out to lunch. Which when it comes to player positions happens quite often.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Something else to add with regards to Toffoli's game last night. He was getting tossed around quite easily and didn't look too involved in a game that was highly physical. Could be an area of the game he needs to work on. As Sutter stated, he shortened his bench and probably didn't want to risk having the momentum of the game change with the Canucks crushing the Kings' smaller forwards.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
No problem with Toffoli going down, he needs to get his confidence and scoring back on track. I wonder if there is a trade incoming though.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's also worth noting that the Kings are off until Thursday. They could just as easily call him right back up before their game against the Blues. Could be done for cap reasons.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Good, he needs to regain some confidence. In the long run I think it will be better for his development.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's spent all of his pro career as a right winger and mostly played the right wing in junior as well.

To my knowledge he hasn't played center the whole time he's been within the organization. And he's listed as a RW here. Making me think he's been there for quite sometime and that yes the NHL is out to lunch. Which when it comes to player positions happens quite often.

Alright. Sounds like I'm barking up the wrong tree then.

Was thinking of a Chiasson - Toffoli type of deal. Big scoring line winger for you, potential 2nd line center for us.

Damn you NHL.com.

Thanks guys.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Alright. Sounds like I'm barking up the wrong tree then.

Was thinking of a Chiasson - Toffoli type of deal. Big scoring line winger for you, potential 2nd line center for us.

Damn you NHL.com.

Thanks guys.

How about Muzzin and Clifford for Chiasson? :sarcasm:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
How about Muzzin and Clifford for Chiasson? :sarcasm:

To tell you the truth, I kinda like both players, but if we were to deal Chiasson we'd likely be aiming higher - no offense. We're in serious need of a 2C and a top pairing Dman. Dont get too many chances to acquire those guys and should one become available, I'm thinking Chiasson (as much as we all like him) may have to be involved. Rather he not be but that's just a very possible reality.

Now, if you wanna talk Voynov....:naughty:

Last edited:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
TT's had 1 goal and 1 assist over his last 15 games, he's waiver exempt, and Matt Greene is being evaluated for a concussion, and will not accompany the team on the upcoming four-game trip through St. Louis, Detroit, Boston and Columbus. That means that the Kings’ blue line has been reduced to six healthy skaters, the team could choose to add another defenseman to the active roster during the road trip. With Tuesday’s roster move, the Kings have 1.796 million dollars of cap space ... is there a possibility that a roster space has been opened in advance of a trade ? maybe ?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
TT's had 1 goal and 1 assist over his last 15 games, he's waiver exempt, and Matt Greene is being evaluated for a concussion, and will not accompany the team on the upcoming four-game trip through St. Louis, Detroit, Boston and Columbus. That means that the Kings’ blue line has been reduced to six healthy skaters, the team could choose to add another defenseman to the active roster during the road trip. With Tuesday’s roster move, the Kings have 1.796 million dollars of cap space ... is there a possibility that a roster space has been opened in advance of a trade ? maybe ?

If Greene has a concussion, I could see them bringing Bodnarchuck up.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If Greene has a concussion, I could see them bringing Bodnarchuck up.

Amen to that. I'd *really* like to get a look at that guy. He deserves it. Actually, bring him and Loverde up and keep that pairing. Then sit Muzzin for awhile and see how we do.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Vey is nowhere near ready. He looked completely lost in his defensive zone.

I think all 3 of Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson have looked lost in their own zone from time to time this season.

The Mayor seems to think that some type of trade is imminent.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Amen to that. I'd *really* like to get a look at that guy. He deserves it. Actually, bring him and Loverde up and keep that pairing. Then sit Muzzin for awhile and see how we do.

Same here, he deserves a look and at least will replace Greene's defensive game a little bit. He can't be worse than Muzzin.

I think all 3 of Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson have looked lost in their own zone from time to time this season.

The Mayor seems to think that some type of trade is imminent.

Yeah, also saw the Mayor tweeting that we have interest in bringing Moulson back.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Bummer...so we send down 1 of our top (and only) snipers. Toffoli had 8 pts in a 9 game stretch, then had 2 games without a point and then drops to line 3. He doesn't score from line 3...but no one did. The solution is not sending TT to Manchester, but putting him back in top 6. Oh well.

Toffoli has been playing with Richards against lesser competition. He should be scoring more.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
As I said in the rumor thread, I think it's probably going to be one of Pearson/Vey + picks heading out for someone (John Hoven says Kings management has been talking about Moulson the last couple of days).

Not really keen on giving up either of those guys for Moulson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad