Toffoli scores off face-off with 0.9 seconds to win game in OT

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how do you ice the puck in that situation? brutal.

the bruins will NOT be a playoff team this year. looks like only 3 from the atlantic make it in

Reactions: Legionnaire

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
NESN's clock was at 0.4 seconds. And I can't make sense of how that could all happen in less than that amount of time.

How do they even review that, does the league have to go by when the official timekeeper pushes the buttons, or do they have a stopwatch to sync up to the moment the puck is dropped?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'm shook.

giphy.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Even the NBA has rules on how many tenths of seconds it takes to shoot or tip a ball off an in-bounds play.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah but your telling me all that took .05 seconds? it was at .04 and its in net
i think nesn's clock was messed up and not the official one, the official puck drop was at 0.9s and the replay showed 0.4 for the entirety of the replay

unless it did the exact same thing staples center clock did with the "coulombs" thing and was correcting itself at that moment

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

maybe im not a math expert but it seems like its physically impossible since the picture up at top has puck well into net @.4 secs which means it was in net before that and the puck was dropped at .9 seconds

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Insane.

Icing it was stupid as hell.

Pastranak is an idiot trying to win it clean vs Kopitar all he had to do was try to tie him up and boom.

I'm shocked that counted or happened that fast but whatever.

Was a great game and OT. Quick was a stud.

And the Bruins should have no issue making the playoffs this year to the guy who said no chance. We have a ton of injuries and still look decent so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad