Recalled/Assigned: Toffoli and Schultz recalled; Vey and Pearson back to Manch

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dicking with our young guys isn't fixing the lineup. If this isn't in advance of an impending move, I'm going to start getting upset.

I mean, great to see Toffoli back, but calling Vey and Pearson up to give them 4th line icetime and then shuttling them back down when the team sucks is just stupid. Ugh.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I know these feels.

BecmV-yIMAA-PAD.jpg:large

Sad thing is, other players were involved with these pictures with their dogs and this was the most legit dog the bunch.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Dicking with our young guys isn't fixing the lineup. If this isn't in advance of an impending move, I'm going to start getting upset.

I mean, great to see Toffoli back, but calling Vey and Pearson up to give them 4th line icetime and then shuttling them back down when the team sucks is just stupid. Ugh.

With Greene out I think it is good to see what Schultz can do. He should have been called up in stead of Pearson.
As for Toffoli I still do not get it. I thought he was sent down so that he would be eligible to play in the AHL during the Olympic break. If that is not the case he should have never been sent down.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Well I thought Pearson and Vey were OK. More so Vey than Pearson. But, I guess they needed to be great. Impactful in the chances they are given. But, excuse me has Richards, Kopi, Brown, Williams, and Stoll been Impactful in their time given? I think it is unfair to throw these kids out there and expect the world of them in 4th line minutes of play.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The reason why our young guys can't stay with the big club consistently:

The system
The player development (lack thereof)

Pick one.

Most teams try and input a similar system in their farm clubs as the NHL club so that it is not as much of a change when called up. If we are not currently doing this we need to.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The reason why our young guys can't stay with the big club consistently:

The system
The player development (lack thereof)

Pick one.

C. Sutters love for veterans.

1 game for those two after sitting for close to a week, and unless they scored 3 goals each they're sent back. Sutter needs to give these guys more than one fricking game if he expects them to succeed.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
My thoughts... Vey and Pearson were showcased and/or here to bide time while Toffoli was off the roster just long enough not to hit the threshold that wouldn't allow him to play in Manchester during the Olympics. Schultz replaces Greene and probably would've been recalled before if it weren't for the previously mentioned issue(s).

thank you this make sense. Guess I am just confused about how the threshold works

bloggerfanthe*

C. Sutters love for veterans and grinders

1 game for those two after sitting for close to a week, and unless they scored 3 goals each they're sent back. Sutter needs to give these guys more than one fricking game if he expects them to succeed.

Fixed

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Logical side of me thinks someone on the right side (Lewis) or maybe Fraser may get moved.

But then again, who said logic has anything to do with our recent moves?

And nothing against Schultz, but I would love to see Bods get into an nhl game with the kings.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Makes you wonder is Greene going to LTIR and that means we need the D man just in case someone else goes down.

I doubt it will be long term. Would be nice if Schultz comes up and actually contributes making greene tradeable.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Logical side of me thinks someone on the right side (Lewis) or maybe Fraser may get moved.

And nothing against Schultz, but I would love to see Bods get into an nhl game with the kings.

DL just trolling HFBoards imo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Fraser to Winnipeg for Adam Pardy

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I doubt it will be long term. Would be nice if Schultz comes up and actually contributes making greene tradeable.

He's still not skating and it's only two weeks to the break. And it would be retroactive to the day he missed. It would also free up some cap space which would be nice.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

At least it was a shorter flight from Lumbus, unless they're stuck at LAX waiting with the other 1000 people trying to go east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad