Today's Meeting: Any News???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Nice answer on the ticket price question. We need a cap, but its cool if ticket prices are decided on a team by team basis depending on the market. What a hypocrite (not to mention liar)

DeleteThisAccount

May 3, 2004
And eating brains
www.southcape.org
avalanche_country said:
wow , good one !! it is only fair since canada gets made fun of all the time !
the american SW copudl care less about hockey ..

espn.com has nothing up :lol

Well, ESPNews did manage to pick up part of the press conference. Of course, they cut off the coverage after about 45 seconds... I don't think anybody (American or not) is going to argue the lack of coverage about all this.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Seachd said:
What? I'm wondering why exactly this isn't a fair deal (or better yet, why you thought the NHLPA's proposal was so good for the league), and all you can do is answer with stupid smilies and "roflmao". Good one.

No i just found is FUNNY that you...one of the most pro-owner posters on the board wrote how VERY FAIR the proposal was. Wow that was a shock. You know just heard it 5 minutes ago but can already call it VERY FAIR. :shakehead

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
crossxcheck said:
hey, I'm not taking sides, but maybe PM him and discuss this. this thread could/will get ugly quick. thanks and no offense to either of you.
I've been trying to get his opinion on this, and he answers with pictures. I'm here to discuss the proposal.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Leafer4Life said:
And we're back to square 1 again........... :help: :banghead:

maybe bettman should pull a "bugs bunny and elmer fudd" on goodenow....

bettman: Yes!
goodenow: No!
bettman: Yes!
goodenow: No!
bettman: No!
goodenow: Yes!
Bettman: Well, ok then.

sorry, my wife is coming to pick me up at work today and she's late. can you tell I'm bored?? :D

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
hockeytown9321 said:
Nice answer on the ticket price question. We need a cap, but its cool if ticket prices are decided on a team by team basis depending on the market. What a hypocrite (not to mention liar)

Man this was slimey. And then he suggested that ticket prices would probably go down, knowing fully that tickets in markets like Toronto and Montreal would still be very high.

creative giant*

crossxcheck said:
yeah well one of the two will start feeling lonely and call the other in the middle of the night saying they want them back. :)

And that will be the players..

Very astute of the NHL to scale the rollback, way to spilit the union members.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
dem said:
How long can this stuff go on before a ban?
Honestly

ive asked the same thing before

He cant go more than 2 posts with out insulting somebody. He calls anybody who disagrees with him an idiot, or in this case a "little girl" most of his replies consist of all caps, smart ass remarks and smiley faces..

yet he never skips a beat. Ive always wondered if he knows somebody running things on this forum, because he SO acts like the boss's son on his first day of work.

if i said the stuff he did, id have been banned 3 times already.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
X8oD said:
ive asked the same thing before

He cant go more than 2 posts with out insulting somebody. He calls anybody who disagrees with him an idiot, or in this case a "little girl" most of his replies consist of all caps, smart ass remarks and smiley faces..

yet he never skips a beat. Ive always wondered if he knows somebody running things on this forum, because he SO acts like the boss's son on his first day of work.

if i said the stuff he did, id have been banned 3 times already.

he could be jagr in disguise :lol

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
hockeytown9321 said:

this was actually the only part of his presser he never was able to discuss himself out of.

People tried to hit him on Owners correcting things themselves. You could tell he wanted to say "If we did that, They would sue us for collusion" but instead did it the proper way and showed how arbitration and guarenteed raises written into entry level contracts are used to inflate other contracts. [if so and so got this much via arbitration, then you must pay me this].

The ticket issue was the only part so far that he couldnt sell to the room.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
TheMenace said:
And that will be the players..

Very astute of the NHL to scale the rollback, way to spilit the union members.

And if the owners do decide to open the doors next September with their proposed CBA, look who takes the least hit on their salaries...the very people that might be most amenable to looking for work.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Bettman is pissed about the leaked memo and says that if anyone tells him who did it, he'll make it worth their while.

Uh, I don't think anyone wants to sleep with you, Gary.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
crossxcheck said:
he could be jagr in disguise :lol

Cant be Jagr

Jagr has money to fund a proper "edumafacation" this guy cant seem to discuss anything beyond "Na na, my dad can beat up your dad :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: "

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Gary Bettman is my hero after this presser.. wow.. he's getting grilled and all his points are ringing true in my opinion.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I don't care what anyone thinks of him, I'd want Bettman to represent me in a court case. This guy takes "The Weasel Way" to a whole new level. :lol

...and THAT'S the meeting. I don't think Strachan and Goodenow will be exchanging love letters anytime soon. Some real passion there.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I blame both sides now. Both proposals are fair IMO and needed a bit of tweeking for both sides to agree. I'm not hoping for either side to break or cheering for any side at this point, I just want a damn hockey season. This is on both their laps for not having a season.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
No i just found is FUNNY that you...one of the most pro-owner posters on the board wrote how VERY FAIR the proposal was. Wow that was a shock. You know just heard it 5 minutes ago but can already call it VERY FAIR. :shakehead
You have been warned for insulting other posters. If you enjoy the hockey discussions here then you have to cease and desist or you will continue to receive the punishments for breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig