Proposal: To Ottawa Konecny, Frost, Hathaway. To Flyers Batherson, Greig, (Boston 1st rd pick)

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Batherson and Konecny are not that far away from each other. Batherson actually had the higher point total last season (by one point). Konecny is doing better this year. Bath is one year younger and signed for 3 more years at a very reasonable amount. TK is going to want 9 or something crazy in 2025. They're not that far away from each other in terms of value.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don't hate Konecny for prospect + top-10 1st as a base, but this aint cutting it. Flyers move on from the superior young talent (Frost > Greig), the better top-6 roster player (Konecny > Batherson) and on top of that lose a great role player and a good mentor (Hathaway). I think Konecny, if moved at all, should be used to acquire a real PPG center.
I'm sorry what

drede

Jul 13, 2023
To Ottawa Konecny, Frost, Hathaway. To Flyers Batherson, Greig, (Boston 1st rd pick)
*This deal would be made in the summer
This deal would be based on Konecny signing an extension with the Sens.
Not enough from the sens

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Makes no sense for the Flyers. They are giving up the best player in the deal and not getting any clear upgrades anywhere for it.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Can't see this as tempting for Sens to offer Greig and 1st and Bath
Konecny been good for PF, but he's just another smaller scoring winger,
find similar but less-pricy elsewhere

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So Konecny for Batherson and Boston 1st and Greig for frost and Hathaway. Close but I think Ottawa needs to add another piece
Ottawa adds? You cant be serios. Konecny is a year away from UFA Batherson is on a sweatheart contract. Greig is the third most valuable asset and exactly the type of player Ottawa shouldnt be trading.

After reading this thread its quite clear most people arent watching OTtawa play. Greig is way more than just a skill guy. He plays like Konecny but is bigger and plays center. He's a way more valuable asset than Frost. If Greig is in Torts system he plays him 20+ minutes a game. He's gonna be a 60 point two way center that helps you win the game in every way possible. All situations physical pest.

Big no from the sens.

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
After reading this thread its quite clear most people arent watching OTtawa play. Greig is way more than just a skill guy. He plays like Konecny but is bigger and plays center. He's a way more valuable asset than Frost. If Greig is in Torts system he plays him 20+ minutes a game. He's gonna be a 60 point two way center that helps you win the game in every way possible. All situations physical pest.

This is pretty common on here. Most people want to pry away Pinto/Greig for cheap while not realizing these are probably two of the Sens most valuable assets given age/contracts.

Reactions: Masked

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa adds? You cant be serios. Konecny is a year away from UFA Batherson is on a sweatheart contract. Greig is the third most valuable asset and exactly the type of player Ottawa shouldnt be trading.

Big no from the sens.
I see Greig's value. You don't seem to see Konecny's value, though.

Reactions: SnS

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I see Greig's value. You don't seem to see Konecny's value, though.
I dont think he has more value than Batherson right now simply based on contracts. He can leave in a year. He is better than Batherson but not by the difference in the contracts. Control is massive. Then Ottawa gives up the next two best assets in Greig vs Frost and the 1st vs Hathaway.

Batherson appears to be very underrated on this site right now. I get it everyone thinks the sens suck but it doesnt mean the individual sucks when they cant get a save thats out of the players control.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You should check games played. Here's a hint: one player was over a PPG and the other was Batherson.
And one is a UFA in a year the other is younger and signed for less than 5 million for 3 more seasons. Playing again at a 60 point pace playing in the middle 6 not getting the same opportunities.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
And one is a UFA in a year the other is younger and signed for less than 5 million for 3 more seasons. Playing again at a 60 point pace playing in the middle 6 not getting the same opportunities.

ok? I was solely focused on the severe statistical oversight in that post.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I get the value on the contract for sure, but Batherson as a player is not unique. Teams pay a 1st at the TDL for a bottom 6 guy that just simply plays with Konecny's sandpaper, but to have that guy be an all situations ppg leader on the team AND play like that? I mean I think the only other player like that in the league is Marchand.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Fair enough, but the entire thread is discussing the value of the players thats what I thought was being discussed. My mistake.

Very good. Since I have you on the horn:

I find there's this cool thing in these trade threads where one fanbase will look at the players from their end with all of the context and familiarity they have, all the potential they see, and that strengthens their value. Whereas the guys on the other end are just a couple stat lines. Like comparing a 3D object to a 2D one, almost.

I agree on Greig, he's an awesome young player and he'd probably give Torts a big fat chub. But if we're just throwing out random best-case scenarios...there are teams in this league where Frost would be a 70-point center. Not someday: right now. Certainly has the skill level for it, hasn't had the usage—hell, he paced directly between Tavares and Barzal at even strength last year. He's a possession player on a team that basically only scores on the rush and has an awful PP. So he's not in that best-case scenario, and thus isn't a 70-point center. Just a guy who could maybe be.

That's the sort of context a fan of the team has, but an opposing fan might not. I'm not really arguing anything except that, at the same age, Frost was an equally-valuable asset, and now he isn't. Because of age and what has actually happened, rather than what could be possible. Really, I'm not arguing anything at all—just pointing out a tendency people have.

Last edited:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
To Ottawa Konecny, Frost, Hathaway. To Flyers Batherson, Greig, (Boston 1st rd pick)
*This deal would be made in the summer
This deal would be based on Konecny signing an extension with the Sens.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are waiting until Konecny can sign an extension for this trade to happen, then the draft and Boston's 1st round pick will already have past and have been used.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
This is pretty common on here. Most people want to pry away Pinto/Greig for cheap while not realizing these are probably two of the Sens most valuable assets given age/contracts.
Well Philly fans didnt ask for Greig, he was offered.
Grieg and Foerster are same age, same draft. TF produced a little better in a few less games.

Age difference between Batherson and TK is 12 months and 3 weeks so not a thing.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Our franchise player is Michkov, but look at a handful of players who've returned at least a #1 in the past couple years: Alex Newhook, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Andrew Copp, Barclay Goodrow, Ben Chiarot... Konecny's more valuable, IMO, than any of those names, and should return commensurately more.
I love how so many people are head over heels about that Russian player. I still doubt he'll be able to leave his wretched country, so I don't count on him for anything other than a maybe, and maybe's don't add up to anything. I didn't like picking him in the last draft, too risky considering the Flyers needs and the other players who went behind him in the draft. To me, I think Russian draft picks should be late round picks at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00