Proposal: To Ottawa Konecny, Frost, Hathaway. To Flyers Batherson, Greig, (Boston 1st rd pick)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
So Konecny for Batherson and Boston 1st and Greig for frost and Hathaway. Close but I think Ottawa needs to add another piece

Reactions: BayStBullies

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
From an outside perspective this seems rather close.

I think Sens fans might have issues with trading Greig, but they're likely eased getting a fairly better Greig in Konecny.

Reactions: wetcoast

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
So Konecny for Batherson and Boston 1st and Greig for frost and Hathaway. Close but I think Ottawa needs to add another piece
Would ask for 1st rounder switch: Philly gets Ott’s around 8 and ott gets Philly’s 16th. Void if Ott is lower 4-5 and Phila is getting in

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Why trade all of that when you can just sign Konecny as a UFA if he is willing to sign an extension.

Terrible deal for Ottawa.

Replace Frost with Foerster and Hathaway with Laughton, but I still wouldn't want to move Greig.

Last edited:

Arkstrom Scorpio

Mar 4, 2024
I don't hate Konecny for prospect + top-10 1st as a base, but this aint cutting it. Flyers move on from the superior young talent (Frost > Greig), the better top-6 roster player (Konecny > Batherson) and on top of that lose a great role player and a good mentor (Hathaway). I think Konecny, if moved at all, should be used to acquire a real PPG center.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Konecny is one of the best players in the league on the PK, he was just recently given the A on his jersey, he works well in Tort's system, he's loves playing in Philly and raising his family there. In other words, he's not being traded. Danny Briere and Jonesy have been working with Tort's to build, and Konecny is a 26 year old core member of this team. You don't trade an important core member who's in his 20's for a prospect.

Garbage proposal.
Absolutely rubbish proposal. I also wouldn't include Foerster in any trade package, that kid is going to be a star player.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s at least 3 1st round picks for Konecny. The Flyers had a 1st and 2nd on the table for Laughton and wouldn’t do it while telling people they’re rebuilding. Konecny is the franchise player.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
This thread like most will get the per usual bickering & uninformed responses, but Ottawa needs to focus on getting a top 4 RD & goalie long before they look at a forward acquisition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relapsing and bert

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
It’s at least 3 1st round picks for Konecny. The Flyers had a 1st and 2nd on the table for Laughton and wouldn’t do it while telling people they’re rebuilding. Konecny is the franchise player.
Really? I love TK but do you think he is a franchise player, or the Flyer's franchise player at the moment? If he takes another step I would put him in that category. Some fans want to trade him but I think he should be untouchable.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Usually when both fanbases are saying "this is terrible for my team" it's actually a good proposal. In this case, it isn't. It's just a terrible proposal. Utterly pointless from both perspectives.

Batherson is a worse player than Konecny and is all of one year younger. Konecny is a valuable scorer and PKer who wears an A for his team. Batherson has a cheaper, longer deal—Konecny's a UFA after next season. So this checks 0 boxes for either team.

Greig is a good and interesting player, but I don't think talent-wise he's a huge upgrade over Frost. He's just 3 years younger and hasn't had the time to be jerked around by as many moron coaches and GMs as Frost has yet (Morgan also lost an early pro season to injury).

Hathaway is a meaningless add. He's just a better MacEwen.

The Boston 1st is likely in the 25+ range. Is, say, the 27th overall pick enough to get the Flyers to tear up their team chemistry, turn 3 forwards into 2, and get marginally younger without getting more talented? No. f*** no. Why would they do that?

And from the Sens perspective, why are they giving up a solid pick for a lateral move that just makes them older (and adds a plug 4th liner?) Also puts them in a position of once again trading good assets for a guy with little term left who is unlikely to stick around.

Dumb. Helps no one.

Really? I love TK but do you think he is a franchise player, or the Flyer's franchise player at the moment? If he takes another step I would put him in that category. Some fans want to trade him but I think he should be untouchable.

I don't think he thinks that. I think it's how the Flyers treat him though, absolutely—and his contract extension will sadly reflect that in a couple months.

Last edited:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Our franchise player is Michkov, but look at a handful of players who've returned at least a #1 in the past couple years: Alex Newhook, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Andrew Copp, Barclay Goodrow, Ben Chiarot... Konecny's more valuable, IMO, than any of those names, and should return commensurately more.

Reactions: Hextallent63

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2