Value of: To Habs, which is the best option? Montour, Dunn or ???

Montour or Dunn?

• Total voters

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A bit of a different take on a trade.....

We need a offensive LHD but not at the cost of subtracting major piece of the roster. There is no logic in creating a hole in one place to fill a hole somewhere else.

So, between Montour and Dunn, who I think are close in value, who would you pick? Is there another LHD that is in their level?

Available.....a 1st, 2nd, Struble, Poehling, Kulak, Mete in any reasonable combo. CC and Guhle are out.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I suppose I’d rather Dunn. But if the price was remotely high, I’d prefer none.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Noah Hanifin

The Flames aren’t trading Noah Hanifin. Sutter clearly has a man crush on him. He’s going to be a #2 elite shutdown D for the next decade. A better J Bouwmeester. He’s emerged into the player people saw in 2015. His value is astronomically high after this season. And no your prospects are not elite. Romanov or dial tone.

Reactions: sufferer

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think it would depend on what you are looking for. I can't speak to Montour's game as much since I don't see him play often but Dunn is kind of a mixed bag. He has absolutely shown flashes of being a dynamic defenseman who can skate, score, and hold his own in the defensive zone. Other times he's just kind of there or, worse, he will look lost in the defensive zone and be losing physical battles he can usually win. At the end of the day he is still only 24 and the upside is there. I think if you stick him with a reliable partner (for instance, I wish they would've given Dunn-Pietrangelo more time last year rather than trying to shoehorn Faulk into playing LHD with Petro) and give him PP time I can see him being an asset for any team. I don't really want the Blues to trade Dunn, but I think it's likely headed that way.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This seems like more of a Habs board thread, but the order is:

-Dunn
-Nothing
-Montour

That's not even a knock on Montour, he's just a really bad fit.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Best option is or????

None of these guys solve anything really. Ekholm? Yeah, that’s different.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Best option is or????

None of these guys solve anything really. Ekholm? Yeah, that’s different.

If they can find a way to fit in Ekholm that is clearly the best option. I don’t see Nashville wanting to take on a dud contract though. Dunn would be the 2nd option. After that, I really don’t see better options than just keep Kulak/Mete

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If they can find a way to fit in Ekholm that is clearly the best option. I don’t see Nashville wanting to take on a dud contract though. Dunn would be the 2nd option. After that, I really don’t see better options than just keep Kulak/Mete

Dunn is injured and seem to be out for an extended period of time

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
either or, but one of Chiarot or Kulak would have to go
Edmundosn / Petry
Dunn / Weber
Chiaot or Kulak / Romanov

or for more natural pairings
Edmundson / Petry
Chiarot / Weber
Romanov Montour

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Montour probably more likely to be available so him.
Dunn was healthy scratched one game and has played better since then. The Blues dont really have anyone available to replace him on D right now with the injuries and other D not being impressive. Dunn is still only an RFA and could be lost in the Seattle expansion draft. Trading him now only risks losing another Blues player to Seattle. As I stated in a different thread, Habs fans obsession with acquiring Dunn is odd.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think a call should be made to Anaheim about lindholm . A solid package could make them think . 2021 1st , 2021 2nd , 2022 2nd , Harris , chariot and lehkonen . Lindholm just turned 27 . If he won’t resign will recover a lot of these assets next year .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think a call should be made to Anaheim about lindholm . A solid package could make them think . 2021 1st , 2021 2nd , 2022 2nd , Harris , chariot and lehkonen . Lindholm just turned 27 . If he won’t resign will recover a lot of these assets next year .

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

This is a horrible trade. Pass!

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The Flames aren’t trading Noah Hanifin. Sutter clearly has a man crush on him. He’s going to be a #2 elite shutdown D for the next decade. A better J Bouwmeester. He’s emerged into the player people saw in 2015. His value is astronomically high after this season. And no your prospects are not elite. Romanov or dial tone.

Yeah cause a Hobey Baker winner at age 20 isn't elite.

Know who else won the HB at age 20? Johnny Gaudreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad