Confirmed with Link: TNSE considering AHL move to Thunder Bay

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I am optimistic about the future of the AHL here. I'd give it 90-10 or at worst 80-20 that we have a team here, and I'd give it 70-30 that a team is purchased.

You just had to see the look in Danny eyes when interviewed the other day. When he gets the pit bull look about him, watch out. Danny likes a certain amount of limelight, and this is his "fix".

Yeah he's been in the shadows lately with other people taking full attention. It's time for Danny to redem his number one spot

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Junior would prob do worse then it did 1st time

I went from watching Leafs to Devils and noticed the difference ,but after the ahl came back the difference in speed and skill,no way after a 2nd ahl team will a junior team sell.

Im not putting down the CHL,but many in this province just don't take to it

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Junior would prob do worse then it did 1st time

I went from watching Leafs to Devils and noticed the difference ,but after the ahl came back the difference in speed and skill,no way after a 2nd ahl team will a junior team sell.

Im not putting down the CHL,but many in this province just don't take to it

I could just as easily go back to watching Senior hockey if the Q came back. Least with Sr. You're getting guys like Jason Churchil, Ben Duffy, Terry Ryan, Darren Langdon

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Scelaton. Were you biking on the West Coast or the East? I'm a west coaster born and raised but living in St.John's now. I have to say nature wise West Coast is the spot
We flew into an airport near Corner Brook and bicycled up the NW penninsula, through Gros Morne to l'anse aux meadows--absolutely spectacular!

Flying across the province (i.e, Deer Lake (My hometown) to St.John's runs you about 600 bucks one way) is the most expensive
NewfyIceCapd: I was in a rush and couldn't remember the name of the small town we flew into for our trip, but your later post jogged my memory. It was none other than Deer Lake, your home town.
Small world. Good people :)

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
NewfyIceCapd: I was in a rush and couldn't remember the name of the small town we flew into for our trip, but your later post jogged my memory. It was none other than Deer Lake, your home town.
Small world. Good people :)

Fast food capital of Newfoundland :laugh:. Small place. Airport is one landing strip. 5000 people aprox.

Anyways sorry for bringing this thread back up, but last night during the IceCaps broadcast mister Danny Williams was interviewed. It seems that TNSE isn't exactly sold on Thunder Bay. Danny was quoted as saying that they and TNSE are still working on a possible one year extension with St.John's. He also said some stuff about how the Stadium is expensive to run in any other team but the AHL and he has no interest in a Q or ECHL squad once the Caps leave.

More importantly he stated nothing but good things for the TNSE gang (Chippman (spelling)) and crew are doing nothing but helping danny find a new team in what he called a "small market".

Just an update! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad