Value of: Timothy Liljegren to the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
On a somewhat related topic, if Liljegren is off the board by the time the Leafs pick at 17/18, is there any chance they trade the pick? I know it's unlikely and may only be due to the nostalgia factor, but I'd love to see Cal Foote get drafted by the Avs. What would be needed in addition to 31 in order to get 18? Obvious guys are unlikely to be included, is there anything left that gets it done?

Bigras +. Maybe EJ straight up (or we could add a Leipsic level prospect if necessary)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
As i said leaf nation pay up or find a trade higher up for him cause he would get picked by us Pick someone else then see if i mind at all :)

Kings can go right ahead and pick him. If the Leafs ever put Nylander on the table for a D (they won't) Liljegren would be about 20th on the list of targets.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Liljegren still living from the hype? If you want to trade up for a dman who turns the puck more over than makes simple passes and can't find open lanes to shoot, then go for it.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Leipsic is not a player la wants We are still going to be big physical team So i highly doubt anyone under 6 feet gets drafted on the kings. So no other way around it because i want a 1st round pick with whatever pick the sweeter is. I don't want 2 prospects as i trust our development of a player more then the leafs.

Are you? Is Boston still a "big physical team"?

Wouldn't trade Kappy for your pick which is probably valued at 15ish ovr in a normal-good draft

FYI Nylander gets Doughty +, not 10th :biglaugh:

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014

Wouldn't trade Kappy for your pick which is probably valued at 15ish ovr in a normal-good draft

LOL what? Nylander does not get you close to Doughty, let alone does LA add too

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Nylander doesn't get Doughty alone....let alone a Plus.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario

As a leafs fan, I apologize for this poster.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
There is always a counter its called negotiation. Every trade starts high then there a counter and some back and forth . wow first time i think leaf nation ever gives up on a trade proposal lol Shocking :popcorn::help: However u want to give up that early fine.

This isn't real life and you're not the GM of the Kings, so I don't know why you're trying to negotiate a trade on a hockey forum.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I wouldn't give up Bigras alone for 18. And EJ isn't part of any realistic conversation if a mid first is the main piece coming back.

Ah my apologies. I thought you guys considered Bigras on a Dermott level tier. I've always liked him.

Yeah, well that's why I said we'd add. EJ is a perfect choice for a defenseman to be put beside Rielly.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to #18 or to the 2nd round even.

Seems like a silly player to trade up for. More hype than substance.

Draft boards are always crazy to me once you get past the top ten but I think it'd be silly if say, you're picking at 13, and you pass on a guy who was considered going #1 just months ago. I get that every year there's a guy or two who slips, like we saw with Chychrun last year, along with Esposito,Cherapanov etc of years past, but, I don't know how you pass on a potential #1 that far into the draft. I'll be ecstatic if he's there at #17/18. I'll also probably be disappointed as we'll pass on him for someone else like we did with Konecny. That still bothers me to this day.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leipsic is not a player la wants We are still going to be big physical team So i highly doubt anyone under 6 feet gets drafted on the kings. So no other way around it because i want a 1st round pick with whatever pick the sweeter is. I don't want 2 prospects as i trust our development of a player more then the leafs.
Well I guess you can rule out Liljegren being a Kings pick. Considering he's listed at 5'11, I guess he's not cut out for Kings hockey. Best move on and ask for Crosby for the Kings pick. Nevermind, too small. How about Gaudreau? Nah. Marner? Nope. Patrick Kane? Damn, still too small. See where I'm going with this silliness? The fact that you call out leafs prospects for being too small, while asking for Nylander who's also skin and bones...yikes. You're all over the place. It's as if you have no idea what you want. Kings hockey is physical, I get it. But, you also need skill to win. Not all your players can be bruisers. Hell, your team employs Gaborik. The guy is soft as butter and made of glass.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He is exactly what leaf nation needs. A young cost controlled right handed top defense man in leaf nation time line. That will cost you

He's an 18 year old defense prospect with no guarantees that's dropped from top 2 to top 15 in 8 months. Its common knowledge you hate the Leafs but in what fantasy Middle Earth realm is that worth a cost-controlled 20 year old 1st line forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad