Value of: Timothy Liljegren to the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hypothetically,

Timothy Liljegren starts to fall in the draft and is on the board at 11.
-and-
Carolina is fine in moving back or out of the 1st round. (to take away people saying they want (Player X) at 11)

What would the Defense loaded Hurricanes want for their pick?

Kapanen + 2nd
18 + Soshnikov/Leivo

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
Someone posted a table of relative values for draft spots last year.

If I remember correctly to jump up a dozen spots it would take a swap (first for first) plus a good prospect (which the Leafs don't have available to trade) or an early second.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd do 18+ a pick or prospect + Soshnikov.

Usually costs a top 40 pick to move up that much. Soshnikov is a young NHLer and worth a decent amount, but we can live without him. If we tossed in a good prospect, it's probably fair value. Carolina would have to like the pieces of course.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd do 18+ a pick or prospect + Soshnikov.

Usually costs a top 40 pick to move up that much. Soshnikov is a young NHLer and worth a decent amount, but we can live without him. If we tossed in a good prospect, it's probably fair value. Carolina would have to like the pieces of course.

Yeah closest comparison is 21+42 for 14. So 18+a top 40 pick should be enough. If we made it Soshnikov, a B prospect and 18, probably works the same.

Maybe Sosh, Valiev and 18 for 11 and a later round pick?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Assuming Nashville loses to St Louis, it would be funny if Liljegren is left on the board at 17 then they pick yet another defenseman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Why not go for Heiskanen? It would be more costly, and while he is a LHD, he plays on the Right side....

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to #18 or to the 2nd round even.

Seems like a silly player to trade up for. More hype than substance.

I really don't see him dropping past Detroit at the 7th spot or better. We need defense more than any team in the league really. I'd bet anything that he doesn't drop to the second round.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I really don't see him dropping past Detroit at the 7th spot or better. We need defense more than any team in the league really. I'd bet anything that he doesn't drop to the second round.

While you need D, he is likely going to be somewhere between the 3rd and 6th Dman taken. At this point, Makar and Heiskanen should go before him, and Foote and Valimaki may as well. Hague is right in there too.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
While you need D, he is likely going to be somewhere between the 3rd and 6th Dman taken. At this point, Makar and Heiskanen should go before him, and Foote and Valimaki may as well. Hague is right in there too.

Yes but he is Swedish, righty, and a puckmover. We love all of those things recently. We'll have to see but I think he'll be ours if he's still there.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Assuming he's this year's Chychurn. Chychurn turned out be a steal, played real well for Arizona this year in his first year.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
He is exactly what leaf nation needs. A young cost controlled right handed top defense man in leaf nation time line. That will cost you
We aren't moving any of the big 3 for a defender right now and if we were we would use them for a much bigger target.

The 1st OA pick in this draft wouldn't even get Nylander let alone the 10th OA.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yes but he is Swedish, righty, and a puckmover. We love all of those things recently. We'll have to see but I think he'll be ours if he's still there.

Note also, Holland has been scouting Kelowna during their playoffs. (Foote)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Note also, Holland has been scouting Kelowna during their playoffs. (Foote)

Don't know much about him. Any defenseman that can move the puck and contribute offensively is more than alright with me though. Watching our defense this year made me want to do terrible things.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
We aren't moving any of the big 3 for a defender right now and if we were we would use them for a much bigger target.

The 1st OA pick in this draft wouldn't even get Nylander let alone the 10th OA.

The Kings have no problem drafting the kid Hes very talented and as i said could be he guy to replace drew when/if he leaves ufa. I would think very hard if i was leaf nation. The odds of keeping all 3 golden kids are low. Too much money on forward not enough on defense. I think Babcock would be a great coach for the kid Hes helped developed a lot of good defenseman. However he would look great in la having drew mentor him after a year or so in the ahl as well Kings are in a no lose situation here. Leafs want him bad enough they could try a trade higher or pay up either way is fine by me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad