Value of: Timothy Liljegren to the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Ah my apologies. I thought you guys considered Bigras on a Dermott level tier. I've always liked him.

Yeah, well that's why I said we'd add. EJ is a perfect choice for a defenseman to be put beside Rielly.

For me, it's more about need than value. The Avs need a 22 year old potential 2nd pairing LHD more than they need an 18 year old RHD prospect.

And, unless you're adding one of your big three, I don't expect the Avs are going to be too interested in moving their only proven top pairing D who just finished the first year of a 7 year extension. The incentive just isn't there otherwise.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
I would certainly trade our first round pick this year (I think its around 23 or 24) and a prospect (Leipsic, Leivo, Soshnikov, etc), to move up to 11 and take Liljegren if he was still there. There are a couple of other defence man projected to go in the teens/early twenties (Cal Foote, Juuso Valimaki, Henri Jokiharju) that the Leafs could potentially wait for but if they could take Liljegren I definitely would.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Happy if we get any of Timmons, Hague, or Foote, and try to draft a defensive steal in the later rounds.

If anyone can do it, it's Hunter.

I'd leave it at that.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
There is always a counter its called negotiation. Every trade starts high then there a counter and some back and forth . wow first time i think leaf nation ever gives up on a trade proposal lol Shocking :popcorn::help: However u want to give up that early fine.

Not when something that bad comes up. Usually all you hear on the other end of the call is Click!

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Definition of a Leaf thread. Opposing fan proposes something ridiculous for one of big three. One fan thinks Nylander gets Doughty. No, the 10th pick doesn't get anywhere close to Nylander. No, Nylander doesn't get close to Doughty.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Definition of a Leaf thread. Opposing fan proposes something ridiculous for one of big three. One fan thinks Nylander gets Doughty. No, the 10th pick doesn't get anywhere close to Nylander. No, Nylander doesn't get close to Doughty.

Man, must be really bored.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope Hextall would listen to offers from the Leafs if he's there at 13. We don't need another 1st round D prospect, and the Leafs and Flyers made a mutually beneficial trade in back in 2015.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
If anything, The Leafs would drop back not move up with the 18th pick in this draft. Seems to be Mark Hunter's MO thus far.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Nylander for the 10th pick if hes there

I legitimately thought this was intended to be facetious.

Then I saw the follow up posts.

I mean, I guess we could do this is we turn around and trade the 17th pick to Boston for Pastrnak. Think they'd bite?

(see how dumb your proposal is?)

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
If anything, The Leafs would drop back not move up with the 18th pick in this draft. Seems to be Mark Hunter's MO thus far.

That's when we were looking for quantity over quality. I think with so many good prospects in our system already, they'd probably focus on quality this year

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I really don't see him dropping past Detroit at the 7th spot or better. We need defense more than any team in the league really. I'd bet anything that he doesn't drop to the second round.

This.

Bobby Mac had Detroit taking Elias Pettersson, which I can see. But I'd be stunned if Liljegren isn't taken outside the top 8.

Coyotes, *Devils*, Wings and Kings could badly use a RHD. Marked the Devils with an * because I can see them passing here to take a skilled forward.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Someone posted a table of relative values for draft spots last year.

If I remember correctly to jump up a dozen spots it would take a swap (first for first) plus a good prospect (which the Leafs don't have available to trade) or an early second.

The Leafs don't have good prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad