Timo Meier (9th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Meier looks like a much more aggressive version of Jonathan Toews without all the Godly intangibles. If we drafted somebody who is committed to working on himself, I think we have a winner here. This is a very good pick.

The biggest concern I have with Meier is I'm hoping he is durable for the tough game he appears to play. Thats it.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Really like his playstyle a lot on he's faster than people give him credit for. Probably won't be a point per game guy but honestly, the offensive potential rantanen, barzal, and Connor have over him isn't enough to get ******** over taking Meier. I Like his attitude and I'm confident the sharks scouting staff knows what they were getting as they likely saw a lot of him at WJC with Rod and Mueller as well as paying more attention to him post WJC. He can wire the puck too and has the ability to pick corners

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Really like his playstyle a lot on he's faster than people give him credit for. Probably won't be a point per game guy but honestly, the offensive potential rantanen, barzal, and Connor have over him isn't enough to get ******** over taking Meier. I Like his attitude and I'm confident the sharks scouting staff knows what they were getting as they likely saw a lot of him at WJC with Rod and Mueller as well as paying more attention to him post WJC. He can wire the puck too and has the ability to pick corners

They've been scouting him for a few years most likely. Same as Rod and Mueller.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I'm not that exciting on Timo at this point, but I see his potential as more of Ovechkin rather than Pavelski. Time will tell whether he can do what he does in the QMJHL in the NHL with NHL defensive speed, and more importantly, NHL caliber goalies.

If he makes the necessary adjustments, a guy with shots like Ovechkin will fit well in the Sharks offensive needs. But... Sharks are still desperate for the blueline and goalie.

Plus, they need to find a 1st line center play maker to replace Thornton who's in the tail end of his career. So far, I've not seen much from the Sharks' centermen to say one can fill big Joe's skates.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
It's not easy to grab the #1 overall pick and snag a generational talent with #1C upside. Replacing Thornton might not happen for a very long time for the Sharks.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I'm not that exciting on Timo at this point, but I see his potential as more of Ovechkin rather than Pavelski. Time will tell whether he can do what he does in the QMJHL in the NHL with NHL defensive speed, and more importantly, NHL caliber goalies.

If he makes the necessary adjustments, a guy with shots like Ovechkin will fit well in the Sharks offensive needs. But... Sharks are still desperate for the blueline and goalie.

Plus, they need to find a 1st line center play maker to replace Thornton who's in the tail end of his career. So far, I've not seen much from the Sharks' centermen to say one can fill big Joe's skates.

Pretty hard to replace JT, well unless we get a top 2 pick soon. Logan, Pavs are perfectly capable 1st line centers, they will just need some talented wingers to work with.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
His hand eye is incredible his rebound put backs in his videos is good stuff. With our shooting team he can get tons of goals no doubt.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Ouch. :laugh:

Gonna have to wait and see for another draft year then. Cuz their 2015 draft… :help:

3 first round picks in a row. I was thinking for sure they'd be set for the next decade, with all the talent that was 'falling' out of the top 10 towards them. I almost felt bad for their fans...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
3 first round picks in a row. I was thinking for sure they'd be set for the next decade, with all the talent that was 'falling' out of the top 10 towards them. I almost felt bad for their fans...

Seriously, they could've gone like Chabot and Barzal in addition to Zboril and they're set for a long time. Two projected (at least) top 4 and 2C and bam. Good for a long while.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I Rewatched the Sportsnet broadcast and found this :laugh:
6XxFgqL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad