Line Combos: Time for a Lineup change?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
With a lack of scoring this last game and a lack of scoring in the Top 6(which brings argument to being the best in the league) is it time to change up the hardly touched Lineup(tweaked a bit in the Bottom end and a little in the Top 6 for Injury purposes), if you think so please comment below on your Lineup.

Here’s my current suggestion(I will change it as the season goes on):

EhlersScheifeleLaine
ConnorRoslovicWheeler
Perrault LittleTanev
MathiasLowryArmia
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. Back to the basics and back to the best line in the league.

2. 2 extraordinary explosive rookies being Driven by one of the best Wingers in the game.

3. Great Vetrans who should work well with a speedy and defensively responsible Winger that they’re not used to and you have one of the best Top 9 Lines in the entire League.

4. Just filling in the blanks here, the only guy that has potential and talent on the line is Armia but he only shows it time to time.

MorrisseyByfuglien
EnstromTrouba
KulikovMyers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. Byfuglien makes many mistakes but he seems red hot and ready to score, he tried sneaking into the Shootout tonight and was throwing bodies and making plays all night, Morrissey is simply our best Defender at the moment, he’s great in all areas.

2. Enstrom is not the same player as he used to be but what I’m more afraid of is the fact everything we saw from Trouba last season is dead and gone in a flash, he needs to get some help from a Vet that can help him figure out his problems scoring and he needs to figure out his game before he jumps back up into the first line, this also strengthens the depth as Trouba’s the second best responder in the team when it comes to pure defence.

3. Same.

Thanks for reading and please let me know what lineups changes need to be made if any.

Last edited:

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Until Ehlers finds his confidence and starts doing something else than brainless skating I wouldn't reward him with a move up in depth chart.

Reactions: sipowicz

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
cmon...who is this roslovic spreader? why this O´connor love here and there? there are other guys in line here...not all new players can just like come here and play top six. laine is the only exceptions here of course. the others have to stay away from Town as it should be populated already at this team. armia should be at top six since many seasons...almost miracle that he still is at this team...he must be on rollercoast emotional by this time

buff is at no level NHL level player in professional Eyes. he has big minites thats why he has some numbers. that is not looking to what he is doing at ice. if you look and understand then you see the horrible. this should not be difficults to see. Ehlers is best at third, fourth line by now. as Always, buy out buff and the Little. laines confidence must up , must come to first line and have big minites, almost miracle he has streak going on with by latest ass for Days going on. but still many goals missed to history books beacause of having him with bad players

avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
With a lack of scoring this last game and a lack of scoring in the Top 6(which brings argument to being the best in the league) is it time to change up the hardly touched Lineup(tweaked a bit in the Bottom end and a little in the Top 6 for Injury purposes), if you think so please comment below on your Lineup.

Here’s my current suggestion(I will change it as the season goes on):

EhlersScheifeleLaine
ConnorRoslovicWheeler
Perrault LittleTanev
MathiasHendricksArmia
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. Back to the basics and back to the best line in the league.

2. 2 extraordinary explosive rookies being Driven by one of the best Wingers in the game.

3. Great Vetrans who should work well with a speedy and defensively responsible Winger that they’re not used to and you have one of the best Top 9 Lines in the entire League.

4. Just filling in the blanks here, the only guy that has potential and talent on the line is Armia but he only shows it time to time.

MorrisseyByfuglien
EnstromTrouba
KulikovMyers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. Byfuglien makes many mistakes but he seems red hot and ready to score, he tried sneaking into the Shootout tonight and was throwing bodies and making plays all night, Morrissey is simply our best Defender at the moment, he’s great in all areas.

2. Enstrom is not the same player as he used to be but what I’m more afraid of is the fact everything we saw from Trouba last season is dead and gone in a flash, he needs to get some help from a Vet that can help him figure out his problems scoring and he needs to figure out his game before he jumps back up into the first line, this also strengthens the depth as Trouba’s the second best responder in the team when it comes to pure defence.

3. Same.

Thanks for reading and please let me know what lineups changes need to be made if any.

Did you really replace Lowry and Copp wih Hendricks and Matthias? I wouldn’t. Perhaps you can explain your rationale.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
It has been a time for change for a while now. 2nd line hasn't been able to score much on 5v5, and 1st line has been getting badly outshot. Unfortunately Maurice goes the "we are winning, why change" route instead of "this is not working as well as it should, let's change so we don't start losing"

I'd do something like:

Ehlers/MP-Scheif-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
MP/Ehlers-Lowry-Roslovic/Armia
Tanev-Copp-Armia/Matthias

Morrissey-Buff
Enström-Troub
Kuli-Myers

1st PP
MP-Scheif-Wheeler-Laine-Trouba

2nd PP
Connor-Little-Roslovic-Ehlers-Buff

Last edited:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
It's too bad Maurice didn't use the garbage time from last season to experiment with the lines more. This is the point it would have paid dividends (well unless we choose to keep banging our head against the wall because of Charlie-Sheen-winning).

I like the OP's placement of Wheeler, Scheif, and Perreault.

I would keep Little on the second line with Wheeler although gotta admit I don't know much about Roslovic. I would still trust the Wheels + Little combo more, and go from there.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I am always about asset management so I hope that later in the season, we can bring in Roslovic into the line-up and trade someone like Dano. Not that I would do this now, but if we elevate Roslovic to Winnipeg, maybe something like this:

Perreault-Schiefele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Roslovic-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Edit: Nah, I changed my mind. Not sure I would use Ros at 3C until next year. Maybe a winger to start? I need a Tim’s coffee first before I redo this.

Last edited:

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
Okay, since you asked..

Connor-Shyster-Flywheel
-- No need to change working line, see 59:11 for reference
Perreault-Little-Laine
-- Perreault should make them fly, if anyone can
Ehlers-Lowry-Armia
-- Explain to Ehlers that's a move up ATM, no need to sulk
Copp-Hendrix-Tanev
-- I'll go wash my hands now

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Roslovic had played exactly 1 game at centre in the last month. If he gets called up it will be to play RW, the position he appears to be auditioning for. IMO of course.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I wouldn't change the lines at all because 12 - 2 - 2 over their last 16 games. They've won 75% of their games over that stretch and are currently on a 3 game winning streak.

With that said, when it's time to change lines there are lots of options. I would not put Connor and Roslovic on the same line if you are serious about winning games though as two rookies on one line isn't usually a recipe for success.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wouldn't change the lines at all because 12 - 2 - 2 over their last 16 games. They've won 75% of their games over that stretch and are currently on a 3 game winning streak.

With that said, when it's time to change lines there are lots of options. I would not put Connor and Roslovic on the same line if you are serious about winning games though as two rookies on one line isn't usually a recipe for success.

The lines have not been constant in that stretch

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Until Ehlers finds his confidence and starts doing something else than brainless skating I wouldn't reward him with a move up in depth chart.

Yeah but it's not really a reward but an attempt to get him going. Has worked for him before. He was ice cold with Little last season too and then got switched with Perreault and Ehlers was suddenly just fine with Scheifele.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
No Roslovic and his 1 NHL game are not bumping Little while playing with the 1 guy Little has proven success with. I want a minor change now to end ELL, that black
Hole offensive line killing all 3 of their own 5on5 scoring. The big change can wait until we lose a couple games. But yes, Little has been one of our best players the last 2 games. I think he is finding his game. Yet that line still sucks.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Team is fourth in the league in points. It ain't broke so no need to tinker with anything. Little is a pro and will find his game and you can mark my words here: that line will be lights out good

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Give CSW one more game together, if they still have a bad time, change to:

Perreault-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Tanev
So now C-S-W are not good together? Based on what? Below 50% raw Corsi for a couple games? I'm guessing the Jets are looking at their play with a little more sophistication then raw Corsi numbers. They have consistently out scored the opposition all season long and both Wheeler and Scheifele are top 10 in league scoring. It was barely a week ago they were being discussed as one of the best lines in the NHL. There is a current poll on the main boards that has them voted on as the 2nd best line after the TB top line. And in terms of the 2nd line they are starting to produce and Little has been one of the best players the last couple of games. And all of a sudden we are getting secondary scoring from the 3rd and 4th line. But...there is somehow a burning need to change up the lines?

The most ironic thing for me, is that last season when we were losing more than winning Maurice got constant criticism for bringing out the blender trying to find success, but this season when we are winning beyond all expectations (4th in the league for points and 3rd in points %) Maurice is getting constant criticism for keeping his lineup intact and not bringing out the blender.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
CSW have not been good the last 4 games and are like 43% Corsi. That line cannot stay together if they are supposed to be your top line.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
CSW have not been good the last 4 games and are like 43% Corsi. That line cannot stay together if they are supposed to be your top line.

I'd keep them together. They are getting the Winsi at this point. A simpler change would be to put Perreault with Little and Laine and move Ehlers to the 3rd.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I'd keep them together. They are getting the Winsi at this point. A simpler change would be to put Perreault with Little and Laine and move Ehlers to the 3rd.

If I had any influence on this matter (which I clearly do not), this is exactly what I would try next.

For one thing, it allows Schiefele and Wheeler to stay together, something wanted by both players. It also provides them with a LW in Connor that melds well with their preferred style of play - much more so than if Ehlers were to be put in such position, In fact, Connor`s willingness to pressure forecheck, do some boardwork, and ability to find soft softs in the defence when on cycle play, probably make both their jobs somewhat easier and less draining physically.

Perhaps even more importantly, it holds promise to get both Little and Laine going much better with Perreault on the 2nd line LW. Perreault when playing well, has the skills and attributes to make this 2nd line better both offensively and defensively, as evidenced by their performance last year. I suspect that Little and Perreault both will do the hard work down low when in the offensive zone, with Laine becoming the finisher.

Which leaves just one key question - how will Lowry and Ehlers function as linemates, and with which RW? I would try placing Armia on this line based on my view of his under-utilized skillset .I have a little concern given that their is no obvious line driver, but I think Ehlers and Armia could potentially work well, with Lowry creating space but who knows until it`s tried. But this line would have to be seen for what it truly is - a balanced 3rd line that should match or even overmatch many 3rd lines in the league. It will not be a super-checking line that one throws out and tries to shut down the opponents top line (as Maurice erroneously believes he now has).

Reactions: suihkukone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad