Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
So it’s ok Matthew’s being playing injured last year, but not for Stutzle this year.
That’s probably just as bad or a worse take, or does it only apply for one player.

Should have stopped Matthew’s numbers at Christmas, instead of end of year lol. Otherwise your being disengenuios.

It appears 53% would take Stutzle and Tarasenko over Matthews. (Re: would anyone do the trade)
a good portion of that 53% came before the season started. i think if you did a new poll you might see the numbers flip.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
a good portion of that 53% came before the season started. i think if you did a new poll you might see the numbers flip.
The numbers definitely would flip. You’ll be able to see the hater votes as well. Oilers fans, Nucks fans, and the small contingent of bruins fans that vote against the leafs in every poll automatically lol.

Anybody that would take Stutzle (even with Tarasenko) is looney tunes.

As a Bruins fan, I really hope you become the Leafs Gm someday. It would be a pure joy watching you destroy that team 😂😂
You don’t trade a generational player for two players that are mid tier, and a pick. It’s nonsensical.

Now for the aging bruins it would make more sense to trade Pastrnak for that package.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So it’s ok Matthew’s being playing injured last year, but not for Stutzle this year.
That’s probably just as bad or a worse take, or does it only apply for one player.
Stutzle has been injured? He has played in every game this year right?

Should have stopped Matthew’s numbers at Christmas, instead of end of year lol. Otherwise your being disengenuios.

It appears 53% would take Stutzle and Tarasenko over Matthews. (Re: would anyone do the trade)

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
He’s “Injured” (struggling to play his position, struggling to score, struggling to win draws, struggling to stay on his feet when there is minor contact) it’s the type of injury that just effects everything.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Ask anyone in the league if they would trade Matthews for Stutzle. You will get 0 yes replies.

Shows how many people hate the leafs. This poll is trash. Not 1 reason to ever take Stutzle over the best goal scorer in hockey. Zero.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
The numbers definitely would flip. You’ll be able to see the hater votes as well. Oilers fans, Nucks fans, and the small contingent of bruins fans that vote against the leafs in every poll automatically lol.

Anybody that would take Stutzle (even with Tarasenko) is looney tunes.

You don’t trade a generational player for two players that are mid tier, and a pick. It’s nonsensical.

Now for the aging bruins it would make more sense to trade Pastrnak for that package.
Do you even watch hockey or are you just a troll? Aging Bruins 😂? Average bruins age is 27.68 and the Leafs are at 27.93. Get outta here with ur BS takes, ur aging Leafs would def take that deal and run if it was on the table like it or not.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Ask anyone in the league if they would trade Matthews for Stutzle. You will get 0 yes replies.

Shows how many people hate the leafs. This poll is trash. Not 1 reason to ever take Stutzle over the best goal scorer in hockey. Zero.
But but but, the contract!

Do you even watch hockey or are you just a troll? Aging Bruins 😂? Average bruins age is 27.68 and the Leafs are at 27.93. Get outta here with ur BS takes, ur aging Leafs would def take that deal and run if it was on the table like it or not.
You understand that nobody gives a crap about average age overall right. Giordano brings our skyrocketing. It’s about the core of your team. You know, the one that is aging and half retired already?

Chara gone
Bergeron gone
Kreijci gone
Marchand looking old/lost

Pasternak, Mcavoy and Swayman isn’t enough going forward. The cupboards are bare in Boston. I know it’s tough to come to terms with, but you guys had your run. It’s over now.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yes he is, players play injured that’s not new. Seen several times on bench wincing, could be his wrist again, like Matthews. Didn’t practice for 2-3 weeks, DJ called them maintenance days. Didn’t take any face offs barely during that time, much less than normal.
Also been wearing 2 big athletic strips down the back of his neck, and down his back, since a clog weeks into season.
More than just Matthew’s plays injured in the league.

No one is arguing that, just you, but that’s not the question here, as you are well aware.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Goals per game NHL history (minimum 250 goals):

1. Bossy
2. Lemieux
3. Matthews

Ahead of Gretzky, Ovechkin, and any other goal scorer you can think of.

And Sens fans are trying to compare Tim f***ing Stutzle to this guy?

Sens fans are even dumber than I thought.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You're trying really hard to make it like the comparison wasn't hilariously stupid. Sorry but it is.

I'm not trying because I am using simple facts. It's true that Stutzle was 20 y/o last season. It's also true that he scored 39 goals and Matthews 40...

The only stupidity I see here is that there's still some people who just can't understand what "Contracts Included" means... It's in the thread title and in the first post of this thread...

It's not Matthews vs Stutzle, it's Matthews x 1.59 Stutzle but it seriously seems to be wayyyy to complicated for some of you to understand :help:

So, Stutzle x 7 years at 8.35 AAV vs Matthews x 4 years at 13.25 AAV

Matthews makes 60% MORE, he has to be a LOT better which he has been the last 10 games (since November 30th) with 14 goals and 20 pts while Stutzle has been cold with 2 goals 10 pts in 12 games.

Before that, Stutzle had 22 pts in 17 games while Matthews had 21 pts in 20 games so you can see why people were voting the younger and cheaper player. And even more since Stutzle outscored Matthews last year in his 20 y/o season.

But those last 10 games... Instead of being happy that Matthews has started to turn things around, insecure Leafs fans have to double down on these idiotic takes

Tim Stutzle is about 2 tiers below Auston Matthews.

There is no amount of “reprogramming” that would bring Stutzle into the same conversation as Auston. Here I’ll show you an example of why.

Pros/Cons:

Stutzle (Pros):
-He makes a bit less money.

Stutzle (Cons):
-Not as good of a goal scorer
-Can’t play defence
-Dives
-Doesn’t win board battles
-Plays a much lesser position
-Hasn’t been close to sniffing a postseason

That’s it.

Dude, in the post above, you said "The poll includes contracts yep. But it’s not about contracts only."

I mean how am I supposed to answer to such a great reply? I give up, way too deep for me

• Haha

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Matthews has 327 NHL goals in 511 games
Stutzle has 80 NHL goals in 240 games

The players are on totally different levels

What are we comparing?

I’ll take the better player with a higher cap 365 days a year

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I'm not trying because I am using simple facts. It's true that Stutzle was 20 y/o last season. It's also true that he scored 39 goals and Matthews 40...

The only stupidity I see here is that there's still some people who just can't understand what "Contracts Included" means... It's in the thread title and in the first post of this thread...

It's not Matthews vs Stutzle, it's Matthews x 1.59 Stutzle but it seriously seems to be wayyyy to complicated for some of you to understand :help:

So, Stutzle x 7 years at 8.35 AAV vs Matthews x 4 years at 13.25 AAV

Matthews makes 60% MORE, he has to be a LOT better which he has been the last 10 games (since November 30th) with 14 goals and 20 pts while Stutzle has been cold with 2 goals 10 pts in 12 games.

Before that, Stutzle had 22 pts in 17 games while Matthews had 21 pts in 20 games so you can see why people were voting the younger and cheaper player. And even more since Stutzle outscored Matthews last year in his 20 y/o season.

But those last 10 games... Instead of being happy that Matthews has started to turn things around, insecure Leafs fans have to double down on these idiotic takes

Dude, in the post above, you said "The poll includes contracts yep. But it’s not about contracts only."

I mean how am I supposed to answer to such a great reply? I give up, way too deep for me
Because your buddy there only voted for Stutzle based on contracts lol.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Stutzle has 7 goals in 29 games
Matthews has 28 goals in 30 games

I don’t care what the contracts are. This is not a discussion

Oh but it is.:sarcasm:

Now all we're missing is the annual Brady Tkachuk v. Mitch Marner thread.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Because your buddy there only voted for Stutzle based on contracts lol.

You're talking about Nyquil here but the problem is you have been missing the whole point...

It's not Stutzle vs Matthews, it's Stutzle x 7 years at 8.35 AAV vs Matthews x 4 years at 13.25 AAV

It's not a comparison between the 2 players or the 2 contracts separately, it's both comparisons simultaneously

Considering that Matthews will make 60% more... he has to be a LOT better to be more valuable than Stutzle, something he has been the last 10 games.... However the 100 games prior is a whole different story

What are we comparing?

Brock Boeser 163 goals in 433 NHL games (0.38 GPG)
Mitch Marner 181 goals in 538 NHL games (0.34 GPG)

Hence why we can comfortably say that Boeser > Marner

I’ll take the better player with a lower cap 365 days a year

Oh and if that's too close for you, why not compare to Kyle Connor? 226 goals in 492 NHL games (0.46 GPG)

Connor and Marner are on totally different levels

You guys don't even realize when you make such incomplete/misleading arguments?

Last edited:

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
You're talking about Nyquil here but the problem is you have been missing the whole point...

It's not Stutzle vs Matthews, it's Stutzle x 7 years at 8.35 AAV vs Matthews x 4 years at 13.25 AAV

It's not a comparison between the 2 players or the 2 contracts separately, it's both comparisons simultaneously

Considering that Matthews will make 60% more... he has to be a LOT better to be more valuable than Stutzle, something he has been the last 10 games.... However the 100 games prior is a whole different story

Brock Boeser 163 goals in 433 NHL games (0.38 GPG)
Mitch Marner 181 goals in 538 NHL games (0.34 GPG)

Hence why we can comfortably say that Boeser > Marner

I’ll take the better player with a lower cap 365 days a year

You guys don't even realize when you make such incomplete/misleading arguments?
How is Ottawa doing with that extra cap room? The extra money is only valuable it it is used wisely.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

The leafs already have a better Stutzle. Well, they have 2 of them.

And then there’s Matthews who is head and shoulders above all of them

There is nothing Stutzle brings that is better than Nylander or Marner and he isn’t in the same conversation as Matthews

Strangle

May 4, 2009

What are we comparing?

We are comparing contracts, apparently.

Stutzle could have a league min salary and you would still take Matthews 10/10

• Haha
Reactions: Random Comment
Status