Player Discussion Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
From the Josh Norris interview he grew up in Germany and is fluent in German. He also mentioned that Batherson spent a few years in Germany when he was really young and can speak some German as well. That should help Stutzle adjust a bit easier as he has some teammates that he can speak some German with.

Definitely a bonus, but Stützle's english is really good so it is not like he is going to feel out of place or anything.

Reactions: Clayonator

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

- was asked about the name change and his response was Dorion came up to him and asked if he would prefer to have his original spelling (nice one Dorion, Pierre must read social media). Said it did not matter to him either way but he prefers the "real" spelling.

- Says he is having a great time with Brady and Josh (Norris) and that Josh is not "actually fluent" in German but he understand everything and he is having a good time with that.

- talks about how Stepan has been a great leader in locker room and has offered him a ton of advice on how to adjust his game to the NHL, looking forward to learning from him.

- asked about who he is most looking forward to playing against in the North Division this year and mentioned Matthews first, McDavid and then "that german player Draisaitl".

- asked about how he plans to celebrate his 19th birthday after the game and whether he will be going out for drinks, his answer (with a chuckle): there is a game the next day so he probably won't have much time for drinking and that his birthday won't be that important this year because he is just excited about playing in his first NHL game.

Smart kid.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Love him already, he seems really outgoing and seems comfortable with the media , language barrier seems non existent

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
We catered the maple leafs last night. They’re full of pork, rabbit stew, chickens, mozzarella sticks, Caesar salads, various types of pastas; I can’t imagine skating very fast after all of that food.

Reactions: senswon

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Really nice to have two stars in Tkachuk and Stützle with such outgoing, positive personalities! A lot of these high-end guys often come across as overly polished and dry, but that's certainly not the case with them.

Tkachuk to me as that special attractive Charisma. it's so difficult to not root for him or like the kid. He might be a difficult player to handle on the ice because of his hard game, but it so obvious how respectful and cheerful he is when the game is done.

Stützle look to have that positive charisma too. I really like this young man.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Over under on how many times Stützle says “unbelievable” in his post game interview is set at 2.

How many times will he begin a sentence with, "I mean" and how many times will he mention, "the boys". Love this kid!

Reactions: Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Depends which American beer. America is the best beer brewing nation in the world. But their macro lagers are horrid.

The bolded is quite a statement. I’ve had tons of excellent American beers but you can’t consider just their micro in a vaccum ignoring the vast majority of their production macro.

Compare it to Germany where even the macro stuff is pretty damn delicious.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Depends which American beer. America is the best beer brewing nation in the world. But their macro lagers are horrid.

Errrr, most of Germany's mass produced beers taste like amazing craft beers. Having spent lots of time in both the USA and Germany, Germany is better. You can order blindly off any menu in Germany and you will end up with good beer.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The bolded is quite a statement. I’ve had tons of excellent American beers but you can’t consider just their micro in a vaccum ignoring the vast majority of their production macro.

Compare it to Germany where even the macro stuff is pretty damn delicious.

Germany seems to be decades behind when it comes to craft beer. Their macro stuff is undoubtedly better than the stuff in North America but they haven't really progressed on from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad