Tim Donaghy claims 2006 NBA Finals were rigged

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
here we go again..... you realize beating the Shaq/Kobe Lakers was a pipe dream for ANY team? let alone one in their own conference

You say this as if the Kings that year were just some ordinary team. They were damn good.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You say this as if the Kings that year were just some ordinary team. They were damn good.

The Lakers went 45-13 in their dynasty years. Kings were good but again, no team was beating the Lakers. Spurs couldn't even do it until 2003 and they had peak Duncan.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Lakers went 45-13 in their dynasty years. Kings were good but again, no team was beating the Lakers. Spurs couldn't even do it until 2003 and they had peak Duncan.

You’re overhyping the Lakers. The fact is they had the two best players in the league and not much else. Other than those two only Derek Fisher averaged double digit PPG, and he was never that good of a player. The Kings had 7 players that averaged double digit points. They were the better team. Also didn’t help that Peja was hurt and came back playing like garbage. A healthy Kings team puts the Lakers away easily, even with the one sided reffing.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
there were fouls called on the kings in game 6 that shouldn't have been called fouls. it's pretty obvious

and looking at the FT totals in game 6, you see the lakers shot 15 more FT's than the kings (40-25)

but then you look at the series box score and see that the kings shot almost 20 more FT's than the lakers did in the series (204 for sac and 185 for LA). and then you see that the kings missed 14 FT's in game 7 (16-30) while the lakers were 27-33

was the officiating one sided in game 6? you can clearly say the lakers benefited from some bad calls. did the kings choke? absolutely. horry doesn't make that GW it's 3-1 sac going back to sacramento. and no team that misses 14 FT's in a playoff game deserves to win anyways
And the winner for delusional post of the year goes to...

The Lakers shot 27 FTs in the 4th quarter. Can't believe they missed Bibby headbutting Kobe's elbow either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You’re overhyping the Lakers. The fact is they had the two best players in the league and not much else. Other than those two only Derek Fisher averaged double digit PPG, and he was never that good of a player. The Kings had 7 players that averaged double digit points. They were the better team. Also didn’t help that Peja was hurt and came back playing like garbage. A healthy Kings team puts the Lakers away easily, even with the one sided reffing.
They were the better team? How? The Lakers were a dynasty. If the Kings were the better team, they would have found a way to beat the Lakers in one of those three years, plain and simple.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

yeah, a team that won 3 titles in a row is being "overhyped" lols

shaq and kobe aside, those lakers teams were filled with excellent role players. guys like rick fox, glen rice, horry, ron harper, brian shaw, devean george, horace grant. the kings were not the better team, and especially not because they had more guys who averaged double digit points

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't care what a dirtbag like Donaghy says about anything. I do agree that the 2006 final was basically rigged by the refs though, based on what I saw rather than on what anyone says. The two teams were held to different standards and that isn't right.

So you are basically saying that you don't care the NBA is rigged. Donaghy getting in trouble is the best thing that could have happened to the NBA.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
yeah, a team that won 3 titles in a row is being "overhyped" lols

shaq and kobe aside, those lakers teams were filled with excellent role players. guys like rick fox, glen rice, horry, ron harper, brian shaw, devean george, horace grant. the kings were not the better team, and especially not because they had more guys who averaged double digit points
It would have been 1 if not for the NBA's help against Portland and Sacramento.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It would have been 1 if not for the NBA's help against Portland and Sacramento.

kvKXd.gif

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't he tell the FBI that the league was rigged? That would seem to hold a lot more weight than anyone involved in the league offices.

Was that not in the context of him already being caught? One crooked guy casting aspersions, though not providing concrete evidence, doesn't sway me that much. But as I said in my first post in the thread, I didn't need Donaghy to tell me that something was wrong in 2006. Anyone can watch the games and see how much the refs favoured Miami.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad