Prospect Info: Tim Bozon released from hospital

PricePkPatch*

Are we cursed or something ?

I don't care about "we" at this point. A kid's life is at stake. I don't care if he never plays hockey ever again, as long as he makes it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't care about "we" at this point. A kid's life is at stake. I don't care if he never plays hockey ever again, as long as he makes it.

Then for his sake hopefully he can survive and not have his life aspirations altered by it.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Depending on how old you are, look at the white hairs on your parents head. A lot of them were caused from taking you to the doctor with a fever , having tests done, and the fear that it was meningitis .

I have my fair share of white hair from that very doctors visit.

PricePkPatch*

Depending on how old you are, look at the white hairs on your parents head. A lot of them were caused from taking you to the doctor with a fever , having tests done, and the fear that it was meningitis .

I have my fair share of white hair from that very doctors visit.

My older sister got meningitis while she was 2 year old, and my mother was pregnant of me.

t'was not a fun tale. It ended well, all things considered, but she came really close to death a bunch of times.

Halifaxhab*

Not good...could challenge his career

he actually should be fine. He is young, and in shape, with a good medical team, his recovery should be fast and unremarkable (as in no issues)

Viral Meningitis gets taken care of in about a week. Then he'll need a couple more weeks of rest before he can start to train again. Bacterial types take less time to recover from.

Basically, he could be playing in the playoffs. But may miss the rest of the year. But physically, he should be fine.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I just did some research about this disease and it is very scary; 5% chance of dying, 20% chance of long term disability

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Retweeted by Andrew Berkshire
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@GLefrancoisRC 1m
L'Ice de Kootenay maintient encore ce matin sa politique de ne pas formuler de commentaires sur la santé de l'espoir des #Habs Tim Bozon

Halifaxhab*

No, it's to be expected.

The man is being pumped to the brink with antibiotics, which takes a heavy toll on the body.

this.

The kid should focus on recovery. Either way, the year is done for him. He should deal with this and do what needs to be done after he is out of the woods

DogsFan*

Our Timmy is keeping fighting but...thank you so much for your wonderful wishes.helene and Phil Bozon

From his Twitter.. Very scary sounding tweet.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
There are two types of meningitis: bacterial and viral. The former is more serious.

Bacterial meningitis is probably what he has since:

In adults, Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae together cause 80% of bacterial meningitis cases

The risk of death:

Untreated, bacterial meningitis is almost always fatal. Viral meningitis, in contrast, tends to resolve spontaneously and is rarely fatal. With treatment, mortality (risk of death) from bacterial meningitis depends on the age of the person and the underlying cause. Of newborns, 20–30% may die from an episode of bacterial meningitis. This risk is much lower in older children, whose mortality is about 2%, but rises again to about 19–37% in adults

Possible effects of the illness:

Meningitis can lead to serious long-term consequences such as deafness, epilepsy, hydrocephalus and cognitive deficits, especially if not treated quickly

I personally know it can also lead to paralysis.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Sheeeet. Didn't take it as anything life-threatening at first, but damn me. Keep the fight kid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad