Tickets Not Selling

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
krysten-ritter-eyeroll-seriouly.gif

Had the same thought as well.

Been through most of Europe and much of South America (through not Brazil) and really enjoyed the cities. One always finds sights outside of the cities as well that can be viewed.

Tokyo is one I would consider visiting, but I would be more interested in Kyoto.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
With the Olympics set to begin in less than three months in Rio de Janeiro, one of Brazil's most successful soccer players has a surprisingly ominous message for international visitors: Stay away.

Brazil is getting "more ugly," said Rivaldo, who was on the country's 2002 World Cup-winning squad, forming part of a lethal attacking trio with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

Rivaldo warned people on social media about the violence plaguing the city, citing the killing of a 17-year-old girl over the weekend.

The message is likely to frustrate the country's leaders, who have been trying to dispel the notion that Brazil is not ready for the games and Rio is not safe for tourists.

Full Article

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
To be fair, Rio is dangerous. Friends of mine were there and they were given strict instructions where to go, what taxi's to go in, etc. Insanely beautiful, but dangerous.

Ogopogo*

It seems that the Olympics is always a financial albatross for the host. Massive debt picked up by the taxpayers hardly makes it seem worth it to be the host. Of course, you get those venues that cook the books and tell the press they were profitable but, I don't believe it ever is. You have cities asking taxpayers to dig deep to put on a three week infomercial of the city. Not worth it, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad