OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
6 seats in Loge 19 row 15 for the Caps on 12/14 and Jets on 12/21, I also have 2 of these available for the 12/18 Columbus game. $95/each (face).

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
2 for Thursday against Ovi & the Capitals
Loge 4 Row 4- $130/ ticket. My ST face
Can e-mail mobile tickets directly from my account

SOLD

Last edited:

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Hi All. This is my first year as a STH and I just got two free tickets to the State of the Bruins. Can anyone tell me a little about the event? How is it set up?

Thanks!

Also, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hi All. This is my first year as a STH and I just got two free tickets to the State of the Bruins. Can anyone tell me a little about the event? How is it set up?

Thanks!

Also, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread.

I wasn't there last year, but I went the two years prior to that - both times, it was in the early evening (6 PM?) after the first day of main camp, when they do off-ice fitness testing. They had a podium set up by where the Bruins shoot twice, and people sat wherever they wanted around sections 7-8. The first year I went, 2014-5, they had spontaneous questions from the audience directed towards a few players (three of Chara, Krejci, Rask, and Bergeron), Clode, Chia, Cam, JJ, and I think Charlie Jacobs. I remember one kid asking Chara if the Bruins would make the playoffs again this year, and he said they would. (Ron Howard voice: They didn't.) The questions as a whole seemed fairly benign to me.

The second year I went, 2015-6, a similar group of people was on the podium (Sweeney for Chia naturally), but the format was a little more choked off. Questions were submitted the week before - either via email or on Twitter. I got my question in, which was basically a plug asking if Cam was helping design the WC jersey again.

Not sure about last year, but they drastically revamped the format, moving it to right before a Saturday January matinee (just like this year). The main reason they moved it last year was that everyone was at the World Cup of Hockey - I guess they liked it, so they're repeating it this year. Probably works better for a lot of folks in terms of work scheduling - getting the players available during the weekend with camp going on is probably close to impossible, and they probably just scrapped that whole idea of doing the SotB during the preseason. I have no idea who showed up last year - I can see the argument against a player being forced to do this at 10 AM right before a game. I imagine it's definitely the management and coach.

Not sure what they do in terms of food. My first year, they had tons of hot dogs, sodas, and jumbo pretzels for free. My second year, nada. Brunch? Or do they just get you in so you're there from 10 AM to 4 PM, and get to eat that wonderful Delaware North food?

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I wasn't there last year, but I went the two years prior to that - both times, it was in the early evening (6 PM?) after the first day of main camp, when they do off-ice fitness testing. They had a podium set up by where the Bruins shoot twice, and people sat wherever they wanted around sections 7-8. The first year I went, 2014-5, they had spontaneous questions from the audience directed towards a few players (three of Chara, Krejci, Rask, and Bergeron), Clode, Chia, Cam, JJ, and I think Charlie Jacobs. I remember one kid asking Chara if the Bruins would make the playoffs again this year, and he said they would. (Ron Howard voice: They didn't.) The questions as a whole seemed fairly benign to me.

The second year I went, 2015-6, a similar group of people was on the podium (Sweeney for Chia naturally), but the format was a little more choked off. Questions were submitted the week before - either via email or on Twitter. I got my question in, which was basically a plug asking if Cam was helping design the WC jersey again.

Not sure about last year, but they drastically revamped the format, moving it to right before a Saturday January matinee (just like this year). The main reason they moved it last year was that everyone was at the World Cup of Hockey - I guess they liked it, so they're repeating it this year. Probably works better for a lot of folks in terms of work scheduling - getting the players available during the weekend with camp going on is probably close to impossible, and they probably just scrapped that whole idea of doing the SotB during the preseason. I have no idea who showed up last year - I can see the argument against a player being forced to do this at 10 AM right before a game. I imagine it's definitely the management and coach.

Not sure what they do in terms of food. My first year, they had tons of hot dogs, sodas, and jumbo pretzels for free. My second year, nada. Brunch? Or do they just get you in so you're there from 10 AM to 4 PM, and get to eat that wonderful Delaware North food?

Thanks for the info, my friend. Sounds like it could be a cool experience the first few times. Sounds like they wont be answering any deep questions though. :laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
One other note: Because of the timing of the SotB, you have to have a ticket to the game to get in...so, anyone who takes wandk up on his generous offer, make sure you have a ticket to the game itself. I imagine they scan you in, do the SotB program, and then you have to stay for the game - no in-and-out. I'm not 100% sure of that, though - if the program starts at 10 and ends at 11, I guess they expect us to hang out for 2 hours at the Garden? I suppose if the program is a little longer....and you like to watch the warmups....

They tended to showcase the SotB a few years ago on the website, but I don't remember any mention of it last year. It's 100% possible that I might have not been paying attention, though...especially if it was in early January.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
2 Center Ice Balcony 301 Row 6 for tonight's Columbus game.

$64 face will sell for $55 each with Paypal Friends Or Family payment.

Last edited:

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
How are people selling their games? Right now I've already ate 3 games. I have tickets listed below stubhub value and usually face or lower for 2-3 days before a game. I have them listed on reddit, facebook groups, and on here and just am having a hell of a time. I list on stubhub but that stops 4 hours before puck drop and it looks like the ticket exchange takes down the listing an hour before the game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm not sure I'd be in a panic. I don't sell games on the market often, but I do check prices once in awhile to make sure that I'm not overpaying. So far, we've had 8 games where I've saved - the 6 Saturday games, the Black Friday game, and Opening Night. The other 14, prices were cheaper than what my "face value" average price was. I've actually overpaid so far, but that's not counting the more lucrative second half of the season (and possible playoffs).

But looking ahead to the second half of the season, there's about 12 more good games left: the next two, three in January (Sat vs CAR, MLK game which is borderline, and Habs), two in February (Saturday TOR and BUF), four in March (PIT and three Saturdays), and the regular season closer. Of course, you never know late in the season - if the Bruins are out of the playoffs, or locked into the Presidents Cup early and sitting stars, game prices drop.

Ticket Exchange can be a roller coaster. My one game I sold on TM, I was completely prepared to eat. I didn't panic and drop the price...and with about 10 minutes before the market closed, it sold. At a technical "loss", but it was a less desirable game (Sharks on an October weekday). I never compare to face value - tiering tickets is a more reasonable target, but it can be difficult to estimate.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
How are people selling their games? Right now I've already ate 3 games. I have tickets listed below stubhub value and usually face or lower for 2-3 days before a game. I have them listed on reddit, facebook groups, and on here and just am having a hell of a time. I list on stubhub but that stops 4 hours before puck drop and it looks like the ticket exchange takes down the listing an hour before the game.

Depends on what your seats are like. Are they in a desirable location or have any special features like being on the aisle? What’s your face value? Are you a newer STH so they are higher cost? I find that high row balconies are a tough sell because there’s so many of them and the face values vary widely based on when you became a STH.

We’ve been lucky in that we haven’t had to eat any games we haven’t been able to make this year. I think we’ve sold 2 for under our face (like $5 under). We are low row balcony on the aisle and have a grandfathered lower price so right away it’s easier for us to unload. We sell mostly to friends and family but put the occasional game for sale on the market (stubhub or ticket exchange).

One thing that has really helped us the last few years is when the season is starting we go through and pick games we can’t make it to or know we don’t want to go to, and put out a blast to our networks. Doing it in advance has been way more fruitful than last minute. We also blast out again around the holidays in case friends and family are looking for tickets for gifts.

We aren’t looking to make money, just not to eat what we’ve already paid so charge appropriately.

I think a lot of it has to do with your seat location and your face value. If you have a desireanle location and fairly low face, I’m not really sure why you’re having trouble

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Hey folks, can't make it today.

Section 314
Row 9
2 Tickets (315 side of the row)
$70/ticket ($140 for the pair)

Please send a PM if interested

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
selling the following games - payment via paypal/venmo, mobile tickets transferred via bruins account. PM if interested.

section 309 row 5 - bruins shoot 2x - $108/pair

Wednesday, December 27 vs Senators7:00 PM
SOLD
Monday, March 19 vs Blue Jackets7:00 PM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Tonight's ticket prices are ludicrous! $150 get-in price on the secondary market for a Wednesday against Ottawa?!

I agree - I'm shocked that it costs so much. Even the Bruins own "push notification" tickets yesterday were $125. I did see a ticket WAY earlier this month for like $80 on Tickets Now, but even that's kind of high, and I think it was a single. This and the PIT Black Friday game are the only games where there haven't been lower secondary market prices 1-3 days before the game.

It's probably a combo of work being out, school being out, and people who actually live in Ottawa preferring to travel to Boston on vacation instead of rushing to Kanata to see the Sens. And, hey, rivalry...sort of. Plus, maybe people are redeeming their gift cards for Ace, pushing prices up as the cheap supply dwindles....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I agree - I'm shocked that it costs so much. Even the Bruins own "push notification" tickets yesterday were $125. I did see a ticket WAY earlier this month for like $80 on Tickets Now, but even that's kind of high, and I think it was a single. This and the PIT Black Friday game are the only games where there haven't been lower secondary market prices 1-3 days before the game.

It's probably a combo of work being out, school being out, and people who actually live in Ottawa preferring to travel to Boston on vacation instead of rushing to Kanata to see the Sens. And, hey, rivalry...sort of. Plus, maybe people are redeeming their gift cards for Ace, pushing prices up as the cheap supply dwindles....

School vacation is a huge part of it. Parents with the chance to take kids to the game without worrying about being out too late, as well as college kids home for break.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
I have 3 available for Thursday row 12 of section 317. $54 each paypal friends and family which is my face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad