News Article: Ticket Exchange Opened to Public

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
just got an email from The Jets.

the Ticket exchange is now open to the public and not wait list exclusive.

I could post the email but it's just long winded and not really important. Just this: anyone can buy tickets of the seat exchange now because so many tickets are going up on it.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Good.
Took TNSE a couple months, but in the grand scheme of things they moved at a decent clip.
Once again responsive to the fans needs.
Its the nice thing about having an ownership group with their finger on the pulse of the community.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Being one who joined the Waiting List solely for the SeatExchange access, I am extremely disappointed. Moreso that they opted to make the change mid-season.

CDDF

Jul 17, 2013
Being one who joined the Waiting List solely for the SeatExchange access, I am extremely disappointed. Moreso that they opted to make the change mid-season.

I agree; they marketed the Wait List this year as having exclusive access; it seems unfair to change that partway through the season.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

I agree; they marketed the Wait List this year as having exclusive access; it seems unfair to change that partway through the season.

I think the best thing to do is make your feelings known to ticket reps.
I think we came up with the idea of waitlist people getting 24 exclusivity on tickets that get posted before it went public as a compromise. Perhaps suggest something like this. I believe TNSE has been pretty good about issues like this previously, so I'd send an e-mail or make some calls.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Good to see TNSE listened to their season ticket holders as the system was not working….

I know I emailed my ticket rep about the situation a few months ago….

Last edited:

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Good.
Took TNSE a couple months, but in the grand scheme of things they moved at a decent clip.
Once again responsive to the fans needs.
Its the nice thing about having an ownership group with their finger on the pulse of the community.

I don't think TNSE made this decision with the fans needs in mind. It's a business decision. They want to sell tickets. All the tickets.

I'm on the wait list for 1 reason. To eventually get season tickets so this really doesn't bother me. I feel for the people who joined up solely for the access to tickets. That sucks but what can you do. If the wait list members aren't buying them up then what do you expect TNSE to do?

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Good to see TNSE listened to their season ticket holders as the system was not working….

I know I emailed my ticket rep about the situation a few months ago….

That's a good point. It was the season ticket holders who were suffering.

At the same time, TNSE wants all the seats full at games. Full seats translates into concession revenue.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I don't think TNSE made this decision with the fans needs in mind. It's a business decision. They want to sell tickets. All the tickets.

I'm on the wait list for 1 reason. To eventually get season tickets so this really doesn't bother me. I feel for the people who joined up solely for the access to tickets. That sucks but what can you do. If the wait list members aren't buying them up then what do you expect TNSE to do?

I don't buy off seat exchange anyways. My main in is the premonth draw. And yah, i'm on the waitlist to get season tickets as well.

The premonth draw is just way cheaper then seat exchange.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't buy off seat exchange anyways. My main in is the premonth draw. And yah, i'm on the waitlist to get season tickets as well.

The premonth draw is just way cheaper then seat exchange.

Yup. I can spend less than 70 per ticket, or I can spend over 80 for the same ticket on seat exchange. No brainer.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. I can spend less than 70 per ticket, or I can spend over 80 for the same ticket on seat exchange. No brainer.

The only thing with the pre month draw is finding pairs can be difficult. Especially for the big games. I like Seat Exchange for this. I can make a last minute decision to go to the game with the wife and usually find a pair.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
The only thing with the pre month draw is finding pairs can be difficult. Especially for the big games. I like Seat Exchange for this. I can make a last minute decision to go to the game with the wife and usually find a pair.

I'v ebeen pretty lucky. for november iw as able to get pairs to both saturday afternoon games (chicago and minnie)

Though ia gree, it does eliminate "spur of the moment" buying, but frankly, my bankroll can't handle that anyway.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Haha, that's true. Hell, when I was your age I was buying Jets tickets at 7-11 for under $10 each. Those were the days.

Upper deck for me. Not a lot more than $10 but if we got stuck up there the seats were at least ok. Most games though we ended up in the reds on the other side where nobody showed up for the game. We used to specifically target games where we knew some season ticket holders wouldn't show up.

Never saw a playoff game from anywhere other than the upper deck though.

As far as this decision goes it really falls ultimately to a business decision: not all seats were going as they had in the past and the season ticket holders were getting upset at the limited market. Whether those seat holders are scalpers or someone with a legit reason to miss a game, they want those seats sold. And TNSE wants those people, all of them, to renew and that pressure starts up this year.

It certainly sucks for those that got on the wait list for the access alone, but relative to the complaints of season ticket holders their complaints won't matter near as much.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I enjoyed at the old barn buying the cheapest seats available for Moose games, which meant you sat alone in the boonies. When the "move of the game" took place I was always selected (cause there was literally no one within 200 feet of us) and BAM rinkside seats.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
It certainly sucks for those that got on the wait list for the access alone, but relative to the complaints of season ticket holders their complaints won't matter near as much.

Describes my situation and the reasoning behind why I think a complaint to my rep will fall upon deaf ears. Especially since I'm a season ticket holder too (with a group - wanted the access to land games I didn't draft).

I realize they were losing on resales and the concession monies it brings, however making a change this drastically to start (without starting with a larger time window to the public) and thus changing the agreement during the term, is uncool.

Last edited:

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
Describes my situation and the reasoning behind why I think a complaint to my rep will fall upon deaf ears. Especially since I'm a season ticket holder too (with a group - wanted the access to land games I didn't draft).

I realize they were losing on resales and the concession monies it brings, however making a change this drastically to start (without starting with a larger time window to the public) and thus changing the agreement during the term, is uncool.

I signed up for the waitlist this year for the sole reason of having access to the Seat Exchange tickets. I am at the bottom of the list and I will likely be 100 before I ever see season tickets from it, unless the market for Jets tickets dwindles quickly. What I am annoyed by is the mid-season change from it going to all access to no priority. As was suggested before, giving 24 hour access before game day would have made sense and those of us on the waitlist would have maintained the perk. The money I paid this year to join the waitlist is essentially gone, regardless of whether I ever get season tickets from the waitlist. Its only the 2nd year and future year renewals that go towards the eventual purchase. That is frustrating. I paid $100 to get access for 2 months and to get a special waitlist only practice ... not exactly what I signed up for.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I signed up for the waitlist this year for the sole reason of having access to the Seat Exchange tickets. I am at the bottom of the list and I will likely be 100 before I ever see season tickets from it, unless the market for Jets tickets dwindles quickly. What I am annoyed by is the mid-season change from it going to all access to no priority. As was suggested before, giving 24 hour access before game day would have made sense and those of us on the waitlist would have maintained the perk. The money I paid this year to join the waitlist is essentially gone, regardless of whether I ever get season tickets from the waitlist. Its only the 2nd year and future year renewals that go towards the eventual purchase. That is frustrating. I paid $100 to get access for 2 months and to get a special waitlist only practice ... not exactly what I signed up for.

I think it comes down to TNSE listening to the complaints of STHs who were having problems selling to the limited Seat Exchange market over the possible backlash from those on the waiting list. The former group have deposits down of $500-$1000 per seat and pay $2000-$6500 per seat each year, and are committed to 3- 4- or 5-year terms. The latter have a non-refundable $50 plus their $100/year membership. Easy call for TNSE.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
As long as they reinstate it for the playoffs!

Obligatory Jim Mora reference.

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
I think it comes down to TNSE listening to the complaints of STHs who were having problems selling to the limited Seat Exchange market over the possible backlash from those on the waiting list. The former group have deposits down of $500-$1000 per seat and pay $2000-$6500 per seat each year, and are committed to 3- 4- or 5-year terms. The latter have a non-refundable $50 plus their $100/year membership. Easy call for TNSE.

I can understand that. I guess the frustrating part from my perspective is that I paid for a perk and without any notice no longer am getting that perk. That's annoying. I guess we'll just have to see what ends up happening with Seat Exchange and how much it affects the availability of seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad