Proposal: Thursday Feb. 28th 2018

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
The first time The Maple leafs come to Long Island.

I have heard this elsewhere and think its a great idea. If they can switch the game from the Barclays to The Barn it would be better. However let the team retire Burch Goring's number 91 to the rafters in front of Tavares. Show him how quickly we moved on from him.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I already told that one time, it's not worth the time or the effort. If you have to do something to show that person you have moved on from them, then I've got news for you - you didn't. We could also treat it like every other game and not make a spectacle out of it.

Like, I don't care about how Tavares would feel, but how do you think Butch would feel if he knew the only reason his jersey is going up there is to stick it to the guy that left us?

Reactions: CupHolders

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I already told that one time, it's not worth the time or the effort. If you have to do something to show that person you have moved on from them, then I've got news for you - you didn't. We could also treat it like every other game and not make a spectacle out of it.

Like, I don't care about how Tavares would feel, but how do you think Butch would feel if he knew the only reason his jersey is going up there is to stick it to the guy that left us?

Exactly this. Also to add, Butch catches a lot of grief for his color commentating. But how many players can claim to have won 4 championships in a row? Moreover, getting a Conn Smythe as MVP. He's a winner! And his legacy shouldn't be wrapped up with someone who epitomized the opposite of who Butch is and what he accomplished.

Reactions: Instant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad